Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter RV's & Conversions Talk

Sprinter RV's & Conversions Talk Common features found in Sprinter RV's and Conversions.

Old 11-13-2014, 12:32 AM   #11
MerlinTheTraderRVer

Default Re: The Residential RV (aka The Perfect RV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Horner View Post
I thought "RV" stood for Recreational Vehicle, not Residential Vehicle. Recreational suits me just fine, along with the hundreds of thousands who also buy and enjoy them.

You can't fit a house into a 24', or even 26' X 8' vehicle that also has to accommodate driver, passenger and motive power. That's like wanting to fit a houseboat into a runabout. Why try?
You my friend are a close minded person. You do not see the 26' CH RV that contains ALL those 4 sections, you seem to be like old guys who just don't want to evolve "it just works so lets stick to it".

Not interested to talk to you, please stay out of this thread.

Merlin
Old 11-13-2014, 12:46 AM   #12
MerlinTheTraderRVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
If you don't have any RVing experience you have no idea what a perfect RV is. First, you have to know why you want an RV and how you intend to use it.
Good point, because I don't know RVing, I may not know what I want in an RV but I sure know what I don't want, cramped and squeezed sections like a dinette that has only 1 seat on each side.

Now you can tell me "just don't buy it then" but what are my options here? A bigger dinette but a small bed squeezed in a corner? No thanks.

Anyway, it seems like many of you try to make me fit the present RV rather than try the RV to fit me. If you think that way then you just don't know me.

I consider myself a black sheep, I almost ALWAYS do the opposite of what I'm being told and that's why I have a lot of success in my life.

I will NEVER bow and surrender to what LTV or any corporation offers me , they are here to serve us, the clients, we are NOT there to serve them. They must adapt to what the clientele wants. The problem is that the present clients are older than my generation and they have been used to have propane RVs all their lives and it's just standard fir them and anyone of these "stupid kids" like me or my friend who come in and say we don't want your stupid propane and want to go with solar power, then that just makes many of you go mad at us.

And you know what, I'm used to that. I ALWAYS took the road less traveled and was laughed at and ridiculed all my life until they stop laughing and envy me now just like many of you here will if I manage to arrive with that Residential RV, with nice big sections with solar panels on the roof, 3,000W inverter and never (or VERY rarely) use the propane or generator.

This "CRAZY RV" that I'm thinking and talking about today will be the standard in the decades to come.

You will get it then, maybe not today but you will. Mark my words. Even Dean told me that I was right but just 5 years ahead and they won't adapt because the dinosaur generation is not dead yet but it will, it will...

Merlin

Last edited by MerlinTheTraderRVer; 11-13-2014 at 12:49 AM.
Old 11-13-2014, 01:04 AM   #13
mumkin

Dean is a salesman... he is being polite, as is demanded by his position.

LTV is here to serve the public. Obviously you are not a member of that group and to expect them to abandon their public for your impractical and basically impossible requirements is at best unrealistic and seems to be bordering on arrogant. I doubt that your preferences will ever be the standard in the RV business.
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mumkin For This Useful Post:
deblue (11-13-2014), Eastbayview (11-13-2014), Evil Patrick (11-13-2014)
Old 11-13-2014, 01:10 AM   #14
MerlinTheTraderRVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
I doubt that your preferences will ever be the standard in the RV business.
It's ALREADY being done my dear.

Look at all the posts by Harry (Gamma1966) about his wonderful solar RV setup. As for the Big 4 sections in THE SAME RV, look at Coach House 240 and 241 models it's being built TODAY.

I didn't reinvent the wheel here. If you are old enough to live only in the past (late 60s I suppose) and don't want to jump in the 21st century band wagon, be my guest but those changes WILL HAPPEN.

Just look at all the threads on solar power here. This ain't a crazy dream here by a guy on LSD, this is THE FUTURE, and it's happening RIGHT NOW AS WE SPEAK. if you don't want to evolve then that's YOUR CHOICE.

Merlin
Old 11-13-2014, 01:14 AM   #15
chromisdesigns

My house has heat. So does my RV. You can't run a heater from any solar system you could possibly fit on an RV. So at a minimum you need to have either a diesel or propane furnace, so you can't do away with petro fuel in your coach.

These threads remind me a lot of the equivalent in the sailing world -- someone with little or no offshore experience -- or even ANY sailing experience at all -- goes out and buys, or worse, builds, a big cruising boat.

It almost always ends badly.

If you are still into sprinter rvs and think you might want the nicest possible version send me a PM for details.
chromisdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chromisdesigns For This Useful Post:
angolaron (11-14-2014), Eastbayview (11-13-2014), Evil Patrick (11-13-2014), Jsharrell (11-17-2014)
Old 11-13-2014, 01:23 AM   #16
MerlinTheTraderRVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromisdesigns View Post
My house has heat. So does my RV. You can't run a heater from any solar system you could possibly fit on an RV. So at a minimum you need to have either a diesel or propane furnace, so you can't do away with petro fuel in your coach.
I never said that I want to never use petro fuel here, I said that I want to avoid them at all cost. There is a BIG difference here. I may not know RVing but I'm not stupid either.

I asked Dean if we can run the generator on the diesel tank so that we can remove the propane assembly and replace it with batteries. That way, if the batteries are dead, we have a running generator but according to Mike Wendland who has an Etrek, he said he uses solar most of the time and is doing fine.

Here, Mike uses the diesel of the engine tank to heat up his Etrek.

Merlin

Last edited by MerlinTheTraderRVer; 11-13-2014 at 01:37 AM.
Old 11-13-2014, 03:37 AM   #17
jackfish

Quote:
The Roadtrek E-trek is an all electric RV, not one ounce of propane here, no generator either.
You obviously overlooked the fact that the E-Trek uses the diesel engine as a generator. It also uses diesel for the furnace and hot water. So it is not an all electric RV. LTV has had diesel generators as an option in their Sprinter based RVs for years. Good luck finding a manufacturer to build an RV that virtually no one else is looking for. Avoiding fossil fuels at all costs is going to cost a lot. That makes that perfect RV unattainable for most people and hence no manufacturer is currently even considering the concept.

Last edited by jackfish; 11-13-2014 at 04:04 AM.
jackfish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jackfish For This Useful Post:
Evil Patrick (11-13-2014), Jsharrell (11-17-2014), renotse (11-13-2014)
Old 11-13-2014, 03:42 AM   #18
Davydd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinTheTraderRVer View Post
Good point, because I don't know RVing, I may not know what I want in an RV but I sure know what I don't want, cramped and squeezed sections like a dinette that has only 1 seat on each side.

Now you can tell me "just don't buy it then" but what are my options here? A bigger dinette but a small bed squeezed in a corner? No thanks.

Anyway, it seems like many of you try to make me fit the present RV rather than try the RV to fit me. If you think that way then you just don't know me.

I consider myself a black sheep, I almost ALWAYS do the opposite of what I'm being told and that's why I have a lot of success in my life.

I will NEVER bow and surrender to what LTV or any corporation offers me , they are here to serve us, the clients, we are NOT there to serve them. They must adapt to what the clientele wants. The problem is that the present clients are older than my generation and they have been used to have propane RVs all their lives and it's just standard fir them and anyone of these "stupid kids" like me or my friend who come in and say we don't want your stupid propane and want to go with solar power, then that just makes many of you go mad at us.

And you know what, I'm used to that. I ALWAYS took the road less traveled and was laughed at and ridiculed all my life until they stop laughing and envy me now just like many of you here will if I manage to arrive with that Residential RV, with nice big sections with solar panels on the roof, 3,000W inverter and never (or VERY rarely) use the propane or generator.

This "CRAZY RV" that I'm thinking and talking about today will be the standard in the decades to come.

You will get it then, maybe not today but you will. Mark my words. Even Dean told me that I was right but just 5 years ahead and they won't adapt because the dinosaur generation is not dead yet but it will, it will...

Merlin
Merlin,

I invited you to read my thread, Advancing Alvar but then I doubt you read past my first paragraph I wrote in this thread or you would not have answered me as you did. I get it as you say and I've gone farther than you have imagined and I'm doing it for real, not blowing smoke in a forum. For instance, just one little thing, I have already eliminated propane and a propane generator and I know why from experience why I am doing so. I already know how my solar, batteries, alternator, inverter/charger system is going to work. You don't know enough to know why as you are still assuming you'll have propane and a generator.

Why you continue to pester LTV is beyond me. They are never going to deliver what you think you want and again you have no clue as to why.
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Davydd For This Useful Post:
Eastbayview (11-13-2014), Evil Patrick (11-13-2014), renotse (11-13-2014)
Old 11-13-2014, 04:27 AM   #19
Trekker
Trekker

Merlin,

You seem to be obsessed with eliminating propane and diesel, and equally obsessed with solar power and batteries. Do you ever plan on moving your 'perfect' RV out of the dealer's lot? If so, you will be burning a LOT more petroleum driving down the highway than you would ever use running your induction cooktop. Demanding 'green' energy in an RV seems disingenuous since any RV adventure is an luxury that consumes an exorbitant amount of natural resources. The few ounces of propane saved by your solar powered induction cooktop pales in comparison to the numerous tanks of diesel fuel used to get to your destination. How many solar panels and batteries will the ultimate RV need to drive at highway speed?

Normally I wouldn't enter into a discussion like this, but I must admit it is so far-fetched that it piqued my interest (not in a good way). BTW, I'm not a dinosaur, I'm a realist.
angolaron (11-14-2014), Evil Patrick (11-13-2014), renotse (11-13-2014)
Old 11-13-2014, 04:32 AM   #20
MerlinTheTraderRVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
You seem to be obsessed with eliminating propane and diesel, and equally obsessed with solar power and batteries. Do you ever plan on moving your 'perfect' RV out of the dealer's lot?
1 step at a time shall we.

Running 99% of the appliances of the RV on solar is Quest #1. Quest #2 will come when MB brings their EV Sprinter to America.

Realist my eye.

Merlin