Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Coach House

Old 11-01-2014, 06:29 PM   #1
MerlinTheTraderRVer

Default Newbie question

It looks like that I'm dropping LTV to go with Coach House but I still need to know if they are flexible enough to add or remove this and that.

If they like doing modifications then I'm in, I might even bring 2-3 orders with me on top of that when I go there with some friends who also are looking for a new RV.

Here's a basic question for you.

I think that the Onan generator now takes its fuel from the propane gas tank but do you think it would be possible to go with a diesel generator so that the generator would take its fuel from the diesel gas tank instead so that I can remove the whole propane tank and assembly and replace it with 4-6 lithium-ion batteries, a 3000W inverter and induction cooktop like they do on the Roadtrek E-trek and show here in this screenshot taken form their website?

Anyone going to Coach House HQ soon and ask them this?

Then again, I can always send them and email and I probably will.

Merlin
Attached Images
File Type: gif 241xl-dq.gif (131.0 KB, 144 views)
Old 11-01-2014, 11:33 PM   #2
MotorCity57

Default Re: Newbie question

I'll print this out and take it along Monday.
Better yet, I'll ask them to have someone monitor this board and answer these kinds of questions directly. I think every RV maker should do that - it makes for great customer service.
John
Old 11-01-2014, 11:36 PM   #3
MerlinTheTraderRVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorCity57 View Post
I'll print this out and take it along Monday.
Alright thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorCity57 View Post
Better yet, I'll ask them to have someone monitor this board and answer these kinds of questions directly. I think every RV maker should do that - it makes for great customer service.
John
Yeah god idea, especially Coach House which seems to have the best Sprinter Floor Plans I have seen yet and I have been looking A LOT recently.

Merlin
Old 11-03-2014, 08:37 PM   #4
pgustaf249

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinTheTraderRVer View Post
Alright thanks.

Yeah god idea, especially Coach House which seems to have the best Sprinter Floor Plans I have seen yet and I have been looking A LOT recently.

Merlin
Yes, as a some-day-in-the-future owner, I think Coach House has the best floor plans. The TV location leaves something to be desired, but everything else seems to be ideal from my perspective.
pgustaf249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 08:48 PM   #5
MerlinTheTraderRVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgustaf249 View Post
The TV location leaves something to be desired, but everything else seems to be ideal from my perspective.
Yeah me too.

I would prefer a nice skylight rather than a TV like here on the Navion 24V and maybe put the TV near the sink like they did here... see screenshots below.

Merlin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Navion24V.jpg (39.8 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg Navion24V2.jpg (128.8 KB, 115 views)
Old 11-04-2014, 05:28 AM   #6
pgustaf249

Quote:
Yeah me too.

I would prefer a nice skylight rather than a TV like here on the Navion 24V and maybe put the TV near the sink like they did here... see screenshots below.

Merlin
From what few photos of the 240 DQ and 241 DQ (the plans I'm looking at) it doesn't appear to be enough room in the same relative spot for a TV, but if they could somehow figure to get it on that wall somewhere, that would be nice. In another thread someone suggested a projection tv shooting rearward toward a drop down screen from the ceiling.
pgustaf249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 05:40 AM   #7
MerlinTheTraderRVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgustaf249 View Post
From what few photos of the 240 DQ and 241 DQ (the plans I'm looking at) it doesn't appear to be enough room in the same relative spot for a TV,
As for me, I almost never watch live TV, I download the next day or at the end of the week all the shows I like and watch them when I find the time on my PC screen that I can put on the dinette table so I couldn't care less about where or if they put a TV in my RV although I was thinking lately that this big TV could be used as a touchscreen PC monitor where you can open it and see Windows 8, open softwares and see stock charts on this big screen and play with it as they show here.

I'm more concerned about transforming that big satellite dish or antenna into a WIFI antenna signal booster but that's another discussion here.

Merlin

Last edited by MerlinTheTraderRVer; 11-04-2014 at 05:43 AM.
Old 11-04-2014, 06:06 AM   #8
chromisdesigns

Quote:
It looks like that I'm dropping LTV to go with Coach House but I still need to know if they are flexible enough to add or remove this and that.

If they like doing modifications then I'm in, I might even bring 2-3 orders with me on top of that when I go there with some friends who also are looking for a new RV.

Here's a basic question for you.

I think that the Onan generator now takes its fuel from the propane gas tank but do you think it would be possible to go with a diesel generator so that the generator would take its fuel from the diesel gas tank instead so that I can remove the whole propane tank and assembly and replace it with 4-6 lithium-ion batteries, a 3000W inverter and induction cooktop like they do on the Roadtrek E-trek and show here in this screenshot taken form their website?

Anyone going to Coach House HQ soon and ask them this?

Then again, I can always send them and email and I probably will.

Merlin
Propane also used for heat and hot water, and the fridge. I don't think they offer a diesel genset option.

If you are still into sprinter rvs and think you might want the nicest possible version send me a PM for details.
chromisdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 06:11 AM   #9
MerlinTheTraderRVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromisdesigns View Post
Propane also used for heat and hot water, and the fridge. I don't think they offer a diesel genset option.
So do you then how they do it with no propane at all on the Roadtrek E-trek?

My main goal is ZERO gas thank AT ALL and that includes the diesel tank for the engine too.

Merlin
Old 11-06-2014, 05:36 PM   #10
chromisdesigns

Quote:
So do you then how they do it with no propane at all on the Roadtrek E-trek?

My main goal is ZERO gas thank AT ALL and that includes the diesel tank for the engine too.

Merlin
Neither Coach House nor LTV are custom builders. If you want the E-Trek concept, either buy an E-Trek or go to one of the full-custom shops and have them build exactly what you want, if you ever actually figure that out. Be prepared to pay for it.

If you are still into sprinter rvs and think you might want the nicest possible version send me a PM for details.
chromisdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chromisdesigns For This Useful Post:
tinman (11-08-2014)