Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Roadtrek

Old 04-08-2013, 02:18 PM   #11
Old Crows
Calypso 2014 View Profile

Thanked 2,152 Times in 1,349 Posts
Default Re: SS Agile Bathroom drainage issue

Somewhere between the shower and the sink you have a blockage..... Maybe some one stuffed a rag in the pipe during construction? The plastic cut out in the tank floated back to the pipe? Not unheard of for builder to leave that plastic disk in the tank... Hole wasn't cut right and the the disk acts like a flap valve?

Old Crows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:11 PM   #12
gte
2008 RS

Its times like these I would like to have one of those flexible probes with a small camera on the end like I have seen plumbers use. A quick look down the drain would settle the question. I still wonder if a small snake pushed down through the shower drain would free up any leftover plastic, etc. and push it into the tank. However, if there were something it might not be good for the macerator. Might want to take off the drain plug outside and let any foreign object out that way.
Gary
gte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:21 PM   #13
icarus

Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,702 Posts

Not to miss the obvious, but if you open the sliding door fully, by removing the pin on the lower track, you can access the P trap under the shower, which is behind the cover on the side step. It is a threaded trap IIRC. Open the trap, see if there is something stuck in it, then run water on the output side of the trap.

Icarus
icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 04:46 PM   #14
Trumbull

The shower in my 2016 SS Agile does not drain. This, even after installation of a second vent prescribed by Roadtrek. I have another appointment for this issue but fear I am at the beginning of a long legal situation. Have there been any late developments concerning this issue?
Trumbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 04:22 PM   #15
skier1950

Had the same problem with my 2015 SS Agile. I had a gray tank vent kit installed (part # 99920050) and the problem went away. It took 2 hours and cost $273.42 ($70.92 parts, $202.50 labor). Covered under warranty.
skier1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to skier1950 For This Useful Post:
Trumbull (03-22-2019)
Old 02-12-2019, 03:54 PM   #16
RT.SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumbull View Post
The shower in my 2016 SS Agile does not drain. This, even after installation of a second vent prescribed by Roadtrek. I have another appointment for this issue but fear I am at the beginning of a long legal situation. Have there been any late developments concerning this issue?
You can remove the shower P-trap (located behind the sliding door) and visually inspect the drain line for any signs of clogging; a short burst of compressed air into the drain can possibly dislodge any clogs in the drain line. Also, if the second vent is not properly installed, gray water ingress/ blockage into the vent line can make it useless.
Trumbull (03-22-2019)
Old 03-22-2019, 01:14 PM   #17
Trumbull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumbull View Post
Update on no-drain SS Agile shower: Second trip to La Mesa RV repair facility in Sacramento. I am told the drain lines and vents were inspected with no obstruction found. No solution was offered. La Mesa RV sold me $11,000 worth of extended warranty at time of purchase. Before any warranty work can be covered the issue (problem) must be submitted for review. I am told the no-drain shower is a "symptom" of the issue, not the issue itself. After inspection, no issue can be identified. I am left with a "symptom" without a responsible issue to be corrected. Interestingly, the $300 worth of work I authorized to discover the issue was waived because it was not found. I am left to ask how the warranty can cover the shower pan and holding tanks but not their function.
Trumbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 06:51 AM   #18
Knit

Default SS Agile Bathroom drainage issue

Did La Mesa agree that the shower does not drain?

Do the that kitchen and bathroom sinks drain?
Knit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 10:13 PM   #19
just4grins

OK, here's the cheapest and best way to use these showers. 1. Before you use the shower, empty the gray tank. 2. Take a "Navy shower" get wet, turn the shower off, soap up. 3. rinse, turn the shower off and dry. Spending what it takes to make it work will only work somewhat. It will never really vent properly because the tank is too small. Sorry but this is the best way to use it, and only use it if you finally need a shower as opposed to a sponge bath. 4. buy a huge RV.
just4grins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 07:57 PM   #20
nukesul

I've been researching this issue today. I believe the issue is the shower drain line goes too far into the tank. The vent line for the tank is via the grey water line from the shower. Because it reaches to the water in the tank, the tank cannot properly vent and thus pressurizes and prevents water entering the tank. This line enters to the front side of the tank and that is likely why some people have had luck raising the front end of the unit. Raising the front of the unit is likely enough to uncover the end of the drain line and allowing the tank to vent and depressurize. I believe the answer will be to make a new vent into the grey tank at the highest point. I am considering looping this back to the ABS drain line from the shower, and thus to the roof vent. I'm on the search for a decent flange to use to give me a nipple to attach a hose to the grey tank. It won't be an easy fix crawling under on my back!!!

Found this drawing. It helps in the understanding.
https://postimg.cc/Q96Lj6Vg

Last edited by nukesul; 07-22-2019 at 08:37 PM.
nukesul is offline   Reply With Quote