Layout plan.

wankel7

Re: Fire extinguisher

I always carry a fire extinguisher but it is a floater, no permanent place until now. Bought the TEK208 single hand operation mount, an engineering piece of art and installed it in a very easily accessible place at the sliding door. It truly is a single hand removal process. Regarding the extinguisher I decided on 2.5lbs Halotron by Amerex to minimize potential cleanups.
I have been doing fire extinguisher research and love everything about Halon , Halotron, or even CO2.... except none of those agents are good enough for a wood and paper fire....class a fires. The small bottles are only B and C.

The bigger bottles are but we're talking 8 lbs of agent.

GeorgeRa

2013 Sprinter DIY 144WB, Portland OR
Yesterday I attended the Adventure Van Expo in Mt. Hood Meadows with DIYVan folks. Hein did all CNC work for me and asked me to be part of his group. They have a lot of great products these days for DIY community. It was great show and a lot of people attended. At 5000’ Sun was brutal but it was not hot.

Regarding my van the most prevailing comment was “wow, this is open” as folks compared it with other "windowless" like layouts. Folks commented that light color of HDPE, aluminum added to this open feeling. beside 360-degree windows.

One fellow looked at it and said “Oh, new Westfalia”, felt good as it was my objective.

IPT

Thanks - bummer both links take me toa product not found page. Do you recall what terms you used to search for self contained little fixture you used for the Aux lighting? My searches are coming up mostly with just an array of LED bulbs. The one you found is so nicely contained in that case, and the perfect size and shape.

Onefin

Yesterday I attended the Adventure Van Expo in Mt. Hood Meadows with DIYVan folks. Hein did all CNC work for me and asked me to be part of his group. They have a lot of great products these days for DIY community. It was great show and a lot of people attended. At 5000’ Sun was brutal but it was not hot.

Regarding my van the most prevailing comment was “wow, this is open” as folks compared it with other "windowless" like layouts. Folks commented that light color of HDPE, aluminum added to this open feeling. beside 360-degree windows.

One fellow looked at it and said “Oh, new Westfalia”, felt good as it was my objective.
It’s a beautiful van.
It’s one of the best DIY sprinter vans of all time....a classic.
You nailed the desire to create a modern Westfalia.
So much innovation with innovative materials sourcing, attention to detail, and design concepts....plus the fully detailed build documentation set a precedent for others to follow.

Nice to see that people appreciated it in person.

Last edited:

IPT

I recently purchased these Festoon style, low power bulbs for the Isotemp fridge, see below. I would suggest to search for: Festoon, 12V, length in mm, warm white, for house batteries and add CANBUS for MB powered.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PLWXW4Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks George - that's for the bulbs, yeah? What I was really digging was the little 3 (or 4) LED unit you retrofitted into the stock overhead light to run off the house batteries. I'll do some more searching and see what I turn up.

edit: found these little guys. One inch square. Should snug into the far end of the stock fixture nicely. Time will tell. https://www.ledsupply.com/leds/12v-led-light-nichia-757

Last edited:

GeorgeRa

It’s a beautiful van.
It’s one of the best DIY sprinter vans of all time....a classic.
You nailed the desire to create a modern Westfalia.
So much innovation with innovative materiala sourcing, attention to detail, and design concepts....plus the fully detailed build documentation set a precedent for others to follow.

Nice to see that people appreciated it in person.
Thank you for your positive comments, which make me feel it was worth my hard work.

GeorgeRa

GeorgeRa

80/20 overhead cabinets mounted on factory headliner.

Recently I had a few questions regarding 80/20 overhead cabinets mounted on the factory headliner. So here I posted all info in one place:

- Google album - https://goo.gl/photos/D6ScLYL9UYFbcw3n8

- Curtains 80/20 sliders with hooks - bought 6808 from 80/20,
cut 5/8” long pieces and drilled for #8 screw using tap diameter drill. Purchased #8 Stainless Steel Hooks and cut them to length, had problem finding these hooks - this was my contact was in 2014 susan@stainlessproducts.com part number - #14530, SS, 8-32 x 1 5/8 overall length screw hook

- https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showpost.php?p=306486&postcount=542

More pictures in the next post.

Attachments

Last edited:

norson

George
I recently purchased a Isotherm CR85EL AC/DC refrigerator and the Smart Energy Control. I was not aware of the compatibility problems at the time and thought I was out of luck until I found your build. This will be a great help. I couldn't find how you finally mounted the blue box or the flag fittings you were talking about. If possible could you post some details on the finished product. Thank you. Great build!
Norm Henderson

PS: Were the the other wires on the cr85 discarded in the process, leaving only the wires in your diagram and the AC wires as the completed hook-up?

Last edited:

GeorgeRa

I mounted the blue box in a reasonably easily accessible place. I need to remove the sink, stove, countertop to access it. Don’t have pictures of flag connectors but used them on the SECOP connector. I had limited clearance on galley’s front panel outlets and used flag connectors there as well. Pending on your clearances you could use just regular straight connectors.

Attachments

norson

Thanks George, the remote mounting answers primary question. On the wiring diagram you furnished you show the connections from the Danfoss unit to the Smart Controller. The diagram shows terminals A C and D with no wires attached. Is this correct? Thank you very much for your help.
Norm

norson

George
Thank you very much!!! This tells me all I need to know. The new wiring schematic even shows the dip switch settings. Thanks.

Norm

Wave

I REALLY love the SS fresh and gray water tanks you had made for your conversion. Any chance you could share the drawings for these tanks?

Thanks so much,

David

Top Bottom