Convert Sprinter 3500 Chassis 170 to RV?

idscan.net

Hi Folks,

How easy/hard is it to convert 2008/9 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis 170 in. DRW to a RV? I am pretty flexible with overall design (does not have to be fancy or complicated), the only requirement is to have a pass from driver's cab to the sleeping area (six picture below).
Also, what is a reputable company out there to contract the job? Any links, ideas, $estimates will be very appreciated.

Thank you!

Attachments

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Hi Folks,

How easy/hard is it to convert 2008/9 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis 170 in. DRW to a RV? I am pretty flexible with overall design (does not have to be fancy or complicated), the only requirement is to have a pass from driver's cab to the sleeping area (six picture below).
Also, what is a reputable company out there to contract the job? Any links, ideas, $estimates will be very appreciated.

Thank you!
Not sure if your buying a cab chassis from the lot for a RV conversion.
My professional advice to U is look at the suspension codes to see if it is actually
for a RV
The Package you are looking for is PY3 Q18 but these are not a completed chassis suspension pack
I guess it depends on your needs but if your towing as well You must pre-order a Higher confirmed package which only MB can advise you on .

Oldfartt

The Cab, Chassis for a motorhome is a specific varient from MB. It differs in the body as the cab is the front section of a van without the cargo area sections added. A cab Chassis has a different rear section which if you cut it away may then not comply with MB warranty and in NZ/Australia may also may not comply with ADR rules. The chassis is also specifically specked for RV loads and includes beefed up springs and antiroll stabilisers among other system varients which is better explained by. Richard (Altered). I have looked at doing something similar but have flagged it away because I am unlikely to get an appropriate Cab Chassis unless it was from a wrecked RV.! Iveco Daily 50c17 now that has promise as the suspension is adjustable.

Cheers
Ross

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Ross ADR/NZ regulations same your end and ours they are a genetic for all states and territory's of the Commonwelath. The rear bar your on about
on the chassis for the RV is Q18 End Chassis Member bolted not welded it's part of the Winne package line PY3
If the member comes back:thinking: well I'll see as to what he want's if it's not price I'll sepc it but iff the lot and it's not a for the RV line :bow:he's wasting his time looking at it.
Richard

Top Bottom