Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter RV's & Conversions Talk

Sprinter RV's & Conversions Talk Common features found in Sprinter RV's and Conversions.

Old 03-20-2018, 02:34 AM   #21
Greygost

Default Re: CAUTION FOR ALLOY WHEELS and Steel Spare

ok. I’m comfounded. Have a 2016 3500 Sprinter, Jayco RV body, with 04 ea alum Hi Spec outers and 02 ea Oem steel wheels on inside dually. No spare came from Jayco. Im told the wheels are all interchangeable but now I’m led to believe that if I procure a steel wheel as a spare, I need a different length stud if flat occurs on outer rear aluminum wheel?

I don’t see any extra studs with the jack. I’m researching stud lengths and coming up with anything from 14.5 mm x 38mm long to 63mm long (again assuming I’m using a steel wheel as a spare)

What length do I order? Appreciate guidance.

Last edited by Greygost; 03-20-2018 at 02:36 AM. Reason: Typo
Greygost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 12:25 AM   #22
Troubleboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greygost View Post
ok. Iím comfounded. Have a 2016 3500 Sprinter, Jayco RV body, with 04 ea alum Hi Spec outers and 02 ea Oem steel wheels on inside dually. No spare came from Jayco. Im told the wheels are all interchangeable but now Iím led to believe that if I procure a steel wheel as a spare, I need a different length stud if flat occurs on outer rear aluminum wheel?
Do you have lug bolts or nuts under the lug covers on your 3500? I'm wondering because I just picked up a set of Hi Spec wheels and the lug holes seem to be a larger diameter than the lug studs. I have lug nuts on my 2006 3500, and I'm wondering if I need to get something different to mount them.
Troubleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 01:31 AM   #23
Xcountry41

Tried searching ,but again looking for specific info that's not jumping out at me. Just purchased a set of five 17in Method Standard 301 Wheels for my 2500 4x4 that is not even built yet. They were on Sale so I jumped on it. Plan is to take the factory steel wheels and spare off and sell them. Wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of Lug bolts for the Alloy Methods? Weird that something that seems basic doesn't just jump out of a google search . Happy Friday folks! Regards, Gary
Xcountry41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 06:49 AM   #24
Pneumo

Curious what the stock lug bolt length is for the steelies? I have an NVC3 with aftermarket alloy rims and this thread has just made me realize that my spare is useless. No bolts were provided by the previous owner and there are none in the tool kit.
Pneumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 05:00 PM   #25
Napabavarian

Does the front end have the same issue? In a pinch could you swap the steel spare to the front and movery that aluminum to the rear?
Napabavarian is offline   Reply With Quote