Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter RV's & Conversions Talk

Sprinter RV's & Conversions Talk Common features found in Sprinter RV's and Conversions.

Old 10-28-2016, 01:13 AM   #151
scooter1942

Default Re: Another Electrical Thread: Don't let me catch it on Fire!

Again, I'm a newb at this, but I used a Blue Sea Systems wiring and fuse chart and cross checked that with a couple of online calculators that I don't currently have access to.

The wiring from the starter battery to b2b charger is fused at 80 amps runnin 2AWG for 10'. The other side of the B2B pushes 60A for about 18-25" also 2 AWG.

The only lead that isn't currently fused is about 18"- 25" from the house battery pos to the hub/buss/fuse box. Should I have a terminal fuse on the battery pos post? If so, what amperage?
scooter1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 10:59 PM   #152
scooter1942

Default Re: Another Electrical Thread: Don't let me catch it on Fire!

UPDATE!!!

This past weekend I finally wired my solar and the Sterling B2B charger, hooked up the fan and the LEDs.

At first glance....everything seems to be working as it should. Solar monitor shows that it is doing what it should, and from what I can tell, the B2B is too. I'll probably run the fan for a day or so to drain the batteries down a touch (its been raining and cloudy so the solar isn't doing much of anything) then confirm that the B2B is charging as it should. Right now, the battery is topped off and happy.

More updates to come.
scooter1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scooter1942 For This Useful Post:
autostaretx (11-08-2016)