Sprinter-Forum    
 

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > NCV3 Sprinters > NCV3 Write-Ups

NCV3 Write-Ups Help other NCV3 owners by posting your experience working on your Sprinter.


 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2018, 03:08 PM   #1
Munmile
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Orange County, Ca.
Posts: 79
Thanks: 16
Thanked 66 Times in 36 Posts
Default Sliding Door step trim install

Hi All,

I've added some photos showing the addition of passenger van step trim to my cargo van.
I think it cleans the step up nicely and was only $46. Took 5 minutes to install. Attachment via 3 screws at the ends and 6" of VHB tape to secure the middle.

MB PN: 906-686-10-10-7J69


cheers
Munmile


https://sprinter-source.com/forum/at...1&d=1528988715
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8516.JPG (312.9 KB, 692 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8517.JPG (279.3 KB, 499 views)
Munmile is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Munmile For This Useful Post:
Mickyfin (05-09-2019), Obliged (06-14-2018), PRM95959 (03-01-2019), Ski Trip (07-25-2018), sprint2freedom (06-15-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 03:30 PM   #2
Farfrumwork
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 191
Thanks: 20
Thanked 98 Times in 61 Posts
Default Re: Sliding Door step trim install

You are full of good ideas Munmile. Thanks!


My floor is a bit elevated due to the MLV I installed underneath, maybe 0.25". Could the step trim just ride a bit higher to account for the floor height? I cant see the interface of the trim to floor with the carpet you have in there.

I was going to make a trim piece to fit, with some aluminum angle as a top trim, but this would be easier for sure. (but not as cool as my idea that included some color to match the other accents we have planned)
Farfrumwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 04:39 PM   #3
Munmile
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Orange County, Ca.
Posts: 79
Thanks: 16
Thanked 66 Times in 36 Posts
Default Re: Sliding Door step trim install

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farfrumwork View Post
You are full of good ideas Munmile. Thanks!


My floor is a bit elevated due to the MLV I installed underneath, maybe 0.25". Could the step trim just ride a bit higher to account for the floor height? I cant see the interface of the trim to floor with the carpet you have in there.

I was going to make a trim piece to fit, with some aluminum angle as a top trim, but this would be easier for sure. (but not as cool as my idea that included some color to match the other accents we have planned)
Check out this pic, it shows two mounting holes to secure the trim to the B pillar. the top one lines up nicely with the height of stock plywood floor. The bottom hole is about 0.25" lower than the top
so it makes sense that you could use the lower hole and have a perfect fit. The two other attachment points are in the vertical plane and can accept any height you have a screw for.

cheers
Munmile
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8523.JPG (135.4 KB, 405 views)
Munmile is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Munmile For This Useful Post:
Mickyfin (05-09-2019)
Old 06-18-2018, 05:27 PM   #4
Farfrumwork
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 191
Thanks: 20
Thanked 98 Times in 61 Posts
Default Re: Sliding Door step trim install

thanks.

I would need a trim piece made for the step lighting, which my cargo van has. The trim piece you have has a embossed section where the light mounts on mine (there is a trim piece just at the front most short wall that is part of the lighting option).

thanks again!
Farfrumwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 05:35 PM   #5
Munmile
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Orange County, Ca.
Posts: 79
Thanks: 16
Thanked 66 Times in 36 Posts
Default Re: Sliding Door step trim install

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farfrumwork View Post
thanks.

I would need a trim piece made for the step lighting, which my cargo van has. The trim piece you have has a embossed section where the light mounts on mine (there is a trim piece just at the front most short wall that is part of the lighting option).

thanks again!
Yes there is a different specific part number for trim with provision for light. The part number I posted is blanked where the light goes.

Cheers
Munmile
Munmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 09:26 PM   #6
Farfrumwork
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 191
Thanks: 20
Thanked 98 Times in 61 Posts
Default Re: Sliding Door step trim install

I ordered the version with provision for the light.

906-686-17-10-7J69

$32.xx (plus shipping, so ~$50)

I'll post a photo once I have it installed.
Farfrumwork is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Farfrumwork For This Useful Post:
Mickyfin (05-09-2019)
Old 07-25-2018, 08:18 PM   #7
Ski Trip
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Northeast United States
Posts: 142
Thanks: 78
Thanked 38 Times in 28 Posts
Default Re: Sliding Door step trim install

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munmile View Post
Hi All,

I've added some photos showing the addition of passenger van step trim to my cargo van.
I think it cleans the step up nicely and was only $46. Took 5 minutes to install. Attachment via 3 screws at the ends and 6" of VHB tape to secure the middle.

MB PN: 906-686-10-10-7J69


cheers
Munmile


https://sprinter-source.com/forum/at...1&d=1528988715

thanks for posting, where did u order this from?
__________________
2017 144" WB Low Roof 4x4 ("Van Haley")
Ski Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 11:20 PM   #8
Munmile
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Orange County, Ca.
Posts: 79
Thanks: 16
Thanked 66 Times in 36 Posts
Default Re: Sliding Door step trim install

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski Trip View Post
thanks for posting, where did u order this from?
Any Mercedes dealer or online parts supplier can get them.
I got this one from walter's mercedes, Riverside, Ca.

Cheers
Munmile
Munmile is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Munmile For This Useful Post:
Ski Trip (07-25-2018)
Old 07-25-2018, 11:48 PM   #9
Ski Trip
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Northeast United States
Posts: 142
Thanks: 78
Thanked 38 Times in 28 Posts
Default Re: Sliding Door step trim install

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munmile View Post
Any Mercedes dealer or online parts supplier can get them.
I got this one from walter's mercedes, Riverside, Ca.

Cheers
Munmile
thanks that is what I inferred from your original post, however I was in disbelief it could only be $46 from the dealer. they must really be finished building the NCV3ís!
__________________
2017 144" WB Low Roof 4x4 ("Van Haley")
Ski Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 02:23 PM   #10
Ski Trip
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Northeast United States
Posts: 142
Thanks: 78
Thanked 38 Times in 28 Posts
Default Re: Sliding Door step trim install

little confusion on my end (nothing new)...

I am told your part number does not fit my van, and I need 906-686-07-10-9E80, which is $109. This is from an MB parts dept that has yours in stock but would have to order the one specifically for my VIN number. eh?
__________________
2017 144" WB Low Roof 4x4 ("Van Haley")
Ski Trip is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.