Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Leisure Travel Vans > Unity

Old 03-22-2018, 07:05 PM   #21
2014.Navion

Default Re: Bullseye Installation Details

Tim,

I am with you and I am pulling for Alan. It is just that it has been so frustrating when every month that goes by, it does not come to a positive conclusion of resolve.
2014.Navion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 07:13 PM   #22
JFloFoto

Reminds me of the anonymous quote: Insanity = doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
JFloFoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 12:58 AM   #23
IndyDick
2016 MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014.Navion View Post
Before you take the plunge...Why don't you ask Alan how some(many) customers have been waiting for a year for their order and still have not received it?

Some people have been promised an April 16th date for their order. Still waiting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TStiles View Post
Josh,
I echo your comment. The order that I placed a couple of weeks ago is fully contingent on their ability to ship NLT 4/1. I'm pulling for Alan, however will not be as patient as so many others have been. I have no doubt that it'll be a great final solution.
I will definitely do that. I have gotten the impression that there were some unfilled commitments here. He keeps saying how many systems have been sold and I did question whether these were Unity installs and got a vague answer. I suspect not. I keep getting this uncomfortable feeling that all is not as it should be. We'll see.
IndyDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 01:23 AM   #24
TStiles
2018 Unity CB

It'd be great if we all were as skilled as ImStillLarry. Maybe we could talk Larry into launching a Bullseye levelers installation business! Larry?!?
Old 03-23-2018, 01:28 AM   #25
IndyDick
2016 MB

Amen to that!
I am not so concerned right now about the installation part as I am about delivering the hardware on a timely basis. I assume if they do move as planned then they will have the ability to handle installations but if they can't provide a viable product that fits our coaches......
IndyDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 02:23 AM   #26
aarpskier
2017 LTV Unity FX

I am puzzled. With the number of satisfied Equalizer Systems clients growing weekly, and no significant delay in scheduling installation, why wait for something that may never happen? Yes, Elkhart is a long drive from Washington and California, but I think I read that there is at least one installer on the West Coast. And for IndyDick, it's only a 2.5 hour drive.
aarpskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 01:21 PM   #27
sjames1864

I would like to stay away from the hydraulics. But I agree with TStiles, there is obviously a great demand for the Bullseye concept, if it can be a reality. Would be great for someone who can actually run a business and stand by promises were to create it.
sjames1864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 02:09 PM   #28
aarpskier
2017 LTV Unity FX

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjames1864 View Post
I would like to stay away from the hydraulics.
I'm no engineer so I cannot compare hydraulic v electric from a design standpoint. I do know my freshwater hydraulic boat lifts, and those of a hundred of my neighbors, have operated flawlessly for decades. I also know that ES has sold its hydraulic systems to a lot of coach manufacturers, and I think I read that LTV is going to offer the ES system as an option for 2019 Unitys. Seems like a proven bird in the hand is better than a theoretical bird in the bush. But, to each his own.
aarpskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 02:09 PM   #29
imstilllarry

TStiles, my stated plan right now is to “eat, drink, and be merry“ not start working. Between my Unity upgrades and my 49 Chevy pickup I’m plenty busy. :-)

One thing about installation, everyone is hooked up on the fear of welding brackets to the bottom of the frame. It is so minimal and efficient. You could remove the jacks and know one would even know they were there. Ask Alan to sell the brackets and have a professional welder put them on. After that it’s just bolting on the jacks and running the wires. Still a lot of work but not rocket science.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 03-23-2018, 10:14 PM   #30
Th3307

I bolted (self install) my Bullseye levelers directly to the frame but had I seen what Larry did, the brackets would have been my first choice.

You don’t always need levelers but when needed....there great....espically in bad weather or after dark. Superior choice over the LTV stabilizer option!
Th3307 is offline   Reply With Quote