Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Dealer and Supplier List > Dealer Info, Reviews, and Experiences

Dealer Info, Reviews, and Experiences Got dealerships? List them here.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:22 AM   #1
Simon

Default Looking for info on good NW Washington Dealer Repair or independent mechanic

I'm coming down from Alaska to Bellingham, WA with a sick 2004 Passenger Sprinter, and am wondering if anyone has repair shop/dealer recommendations?
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:55 PM   #2
motobueno

Default Re: Looking for info on good NW Washington Dealer Repair or independent mechanic

The place to go is Upscale in Oregon.Do a search in the forum for feedback!
They are the best in my book!
Tom
motobueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 05:46 AM   #3
Simon

Default Re: Looking for info on good NW Washington Dealer Repair or independent mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by motobueno View Post
The place to go is Upscale in Oregon.
Yes I agree!
It's long tow haul from the Alaska Ferry dock in Bellingham to Tualitin Oregon!
I just might do that!

any suggestions on towing are appreciated!
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:43 AM   #4
jdcaples
Not Suitable w/220v Gen

Thanked 3,617 Times in 1,939 Posts

I'm not sure I'd gamble with anyone other than John at Upscale. Dick (autostaretx) has written about having had positive service experiences with Lynnwood Dodge, a dozen or so miles north of Seattle, near the border of Lynnwood and Everett; but lildevildee posted some pretty tragic service experiences there, too.

I haven't read about consistently positive experiences in the Pacific Northwest outside of Upscale Auto. Lynnwood Dodge would be my second choice. I've not read anything anywhere indicating any experiences of Sprinter service - positive or negative - north of Lynnwood.

-Jon

US Tech info: http://www.sprintertekinfo.com
US Parts info: http://epc.startekinfo.com (Subscribe to world passenger car and light transport)

Americans may learn to use MB technical resources and parts information here:
http://www.sprintertekinfo.com/epcdemo/start.swf
jdcaples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:06 PM   #5
icarus

Thanked 2,520 Times in 1,702 Posts

Wilson Motors in Bellingham is a MB dealer, and they sell and service new sprinters. Don't have any idea if they are any good, nor if they have any experience with older sprinters. The Dodge dealer in B'ham sold a bunch of them over the years, and it has done service work.

Additionally there are a couple of folks in Suburban Vancouver BC that deal with sprinters, including a new dealer that has poster here somewhere.

Good luck,

Icarus

PS, Harmony Motorworks in Bellingham, 5 minutes from the ferry is beginning to work on Sprinters. They are very good, very honest european shop. They don't advertise that they do Sprinter work as they are moving into it gradually, but they do work on them. At worst, call Mark at Harmony and perhaps he can send you in the right direction. When you describe it as sick, what are you describing?

Last edited by icarus; 08-18-2010 at 09:45 PM.
icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:25 PM   #6
autostaretx
Erratic Member

Thanked 8,004 Times in 5,833 Posts

Quote:
Dick (autostaretx) has written about having had positive service experiences with Lynnwood Dodge, a dozen or so miles north of Seattle,
The bad news is that Jack Carrol's Lynnwood Dodge no longer exists under that name (due to the Dodge dealer shrinkage).
Service was delegated to Town and Country Chrysler/Jeep/(dodge) near 140th on Aurora in North Seattle.
I have not sought service since the Dodge meltdown, so i can't speak from personal experience
(well, i tried to buy some of the "power distribution block" fuses from T&C's parts department.. They had one of the 3 sizes i sought)

But... directly across the street from the old Lynnwood Dodge is this area's MB Sprinter Dealer!
Mercedes-Benz of Lynnwood
20515 Highway 99
Lynnwood, WA 98046
Phone:1-888-867-8704
FAX:1-425-673-5959
Phone:(425) 673-0505

Up in Mt. Vernon is "Valley Freightliner" .. which used to be a Spinter dealer until mid-2005.
Their parts-running vans are Sprinters, and i've just never had a loose minute to drop in to find out where -they- get them serviced...

--dick
autostaretx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:33 PM   #7
icarus

Thanked 2,520 Times in 1,702 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by autostaretx View Post
The bad news is that Jack Carrol's Lynnwood Dodge no longer exists under that name (due to the Dodge dealer shrinkage).
Service was delegated to Town and Country Chrysler/Jeep/(dodge) near 140th on Aurora in North Seattle.
I have not sought service since the Dodge meltdown, so i can't speak from personal experience
(well, i tried to buy some of the "power distribution block" fuses from T&C's parts department.. They had one of the 3 sizes i sought)

But... directly across the street from the old Lynnwood Dodge is this area's MB Sprinter Dealer!
Mercedes-Benz of Lynnwood
20515 Highway 99
Lynnwood, WA 98046
Phone:1-888-867-8704
FAX:1-425-673-5959
Phone:(425) 673-0505

Up in Mt. Vernon is "Valley Freightliner" .. which used to be a Spinter dealer until mid-2005.
Their parts-running vans are Sprinters, and i've just never had a loose minute to drop in to find out where -they- get them serviced...

--dick

Even though Valley Freightliner runs all over WA in Sprinter service and parts vans, they don't sell Sprinters and I don't believe they service them either. A call to Freightliner today on another matter referred me to McCoy Freightliner in Portland. (A write up elsewhere in this forum does not speak too highly about McCoy however).
icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:18 AM   #8
mawsea
sprinter guru

There seems to be a lot of sprinters driving around Washington. So who is a good mechanic in the area? .....besides the dealerships. Oregon is too far......
Old 04-24-2012, 03:07 PM   #9
jdcaples
Not Suitable w/220v Gen

Thanked 3,617 Times in 1,939 Posts

Forum member Andrew85 tells us about Kollmar Craft

http://sprinter-source.com/forum/sho...4&postcount=10

www.kollmarcraft.com

Considering your posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawsea View Post
Re: Lynnwood, Lynnwood, WA (Dealership)

I took the van in to have them look at my shuddering tranny, black death, and coolant leak at passenger rear of engine. They wanted $6,800 to do the job. Forget that! They seemed just as incompetent as all the other dealers I have dealt with.
I don't know if Kollmar craft is cheap, is too far or if they're competent.

I can tell you I've heard horror stories about Lake City Autoworks, Geman Auto Center (Lake City) and Elite Auto Care in Ballard.

Strictly Mercedes Benz is at the corner of 14th and N Lake City Way; you can test them for the forum if you want and let us know how it works out for you.

Good luck

-Jon

US Tech info: http://www.sprintertekinfo.com
US Parts info: http://epc.startekinfo.com (Subscribe to world passenger car and light transport)

Americans may learn to use MB technical resources and parts information here:
http://www.sprintertekinfo.com/epcdemo/start.swf
jdcaples is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdcaples For This Useful Post:
autostaretx (04-26-2012), mawsea (04-26-2012)
Old 04-26-2012, 05:44 AM   #10
mawsea
sprinter guru

I stopped by Kollmar craft today and had a good talk about injector bolt removal. They seem to have good knowledge and experience dealing with the black death. In comparison to the Mercedes dealership the ambiance is not as swank, they lack the alpine lodge fireplaces and the highbrow bathroom granite sink. I think I can live with that since their quote came out $6000 less then Lynwood Mercedes. Its not that I'm cheap, it's the fact that Lynwood Mercedes was trying to sell me a $800 injector when it is only a $2 bolt and washer that needs to be replaced, or trying to talk me into pulling the motor out to fix a minuscule leak that could easily be fixed with a $3 bottle of stop leak. I can live with out the floor to ceiling glass. In fact with all the money I save, I think I will take a trip to Mexico...... after all kollmar craft is right next door to the airport.
jdcaples (04-27-2012), NelsonSprinter (03-16-2015)