Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > T1N Sprinters > T1N Talk

T1N Talk General Discussions related to T1N Sprinters.

Old 05-26-2019, 11:09 PM   #61
grumpy-old-van
A little bit Oooh Errrr

Default Re: Runs great but...Limp Mode - U0122 - ABS, ESP

You need both 120Ohms resistors to be functional in the CANBUS network so line resistance should be 60Ohms at the OBD port. The first page you said you had the wrong resistance i didnt follow the thread but did you check the canbus resistance off your list?
The terminating resistors are usually built into the modules. could this be pinting to a faulty module?

I may seem obsessed with Powers and Grounds, thats my prerogative..
grumpy-old-van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 12:23 PM   #62
Brokecanadian
2005 Cargo 2500 SHC NA

Please someone sort this out. I've been putting up with this for years

I have the same results as MauiMakes on the MBII.

Physical symptoms: dash lights esp abs and the third light up. Transmission loses communication and sticks in gear.

Turning key off and on will get me to 5Th gear once, then slowing down or pushing too hard on the gas will stick it in gear.

I'm getting really really sick of pulling over on the hwy to reset the trans. About to dump the van, and it gets 23-26 mpg

Edit: my money was on fusebox 1, i have had signal light problems ever since a shop changed my steering column for the u joint. Pulling the relay partly out solved my signal lights for weeks at a time but now i have no delay wipers

Last edited by Brokecanadian; 05-27-2019 at 12:25 PM.
Brokecanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 08:48 PM   #63
Brokecanadian
2005 Cargo 2500 SHC NA

Without the time to diagnose mine, but the time to reread this thread - what I see coming time and time again is Fusebox #1

On mine, I have to pull the signal light relay partially out then push one side only back in to have signal lights. Once that's done, they operate weeks at a time. Without that trick, no signal lights without punching Fusebox #1 while signalling

My hunch obviously is Fusebox #1 having faulty connections. I don't have the budget till next month (well wife has control of the money rather) I'll report if that fixes me.

Been putting uo with this since 2016. Shop that did mechanical safety insisted on replacing steering column u joint, removing fusebox #1, damaged fusebox and left steering column flopping loose so steering would visually move the entire plastic around the column and whole fusebox

High time to chase this down. Currently I have to pull to the side of the road and turn key off / on to reset signal from ABS sensors to transmission; in order to get transmission to shift again. Sticks in 2,3, or 4 randomly. Canbus errors, abs errors, 3 lights on dash

Incredibly I've put 200,000 miles on this way, as once I'm up to highway speed in 5th it seldom drops out until I slow down again.

Again I plead for someone smarter than me to track this down. The issue comes up over many threads over many years, and one day stopping on the highway to turn the van off and on is going to get me rear ended

Last edited by Brokecanadian; 06-01-2019 at 08:53 PM.
Brokecanadian is offline   Reply With Quote