EDC Prob

john hayward

Hi all
Driving 2002 311 cdi at 60 mph , no probs , all of sudden power goes and EDC lights up. Pull over van starts but conks out soon as I rev up , does it again then after that van won't start. Got recovered to local garage. I took off engine cover to find an incredible amount of black de*th , cleaned this up a bit did fuel filter and cam sensor but still no joy. Code readers that have been tried ( snap on and one other ) have not been able to access ecu.One month later local garage is a bit stumped now and I was stumped before we started and van won't move .. . . . . . .
Definite popping from an injector as turning over. Just want to get her started and home at the moment
Any ideas?

Last edited:

grumpy-old-van

A little bit Oooh Errrr
EDC is electronic diesel control system
usually its fuel system related, could be low/high fuel pressure (regulator. high or low pump) or electrical issue (injectors or regulator)
not sure if crank sensor sets an EDC light

try unplugging the fuel pressure sensors one at a time to home in on the issue, but really need to get codes read

edit to add: popping from injector? sounds like you found the issue if one is leaking it could drop rail pressure enough to cause major issues

Last edited:

Top Bottom