LHM p0299 p0112 p0336 codes :/

democrap

Unfortunately I got the dreaded lhm driving from chai to Madison. Luckily the roads are flat so I don't have to go 30mph. I shutdown and restarted the sprinter and I get power again as prefaced in so many posts so I guess something is wrong with the ecm limiting the power.checked the hoses and no visible leaks even with some squeezing. Resonator seems seeping as always. Air filter is new from less than 1000 miles. Fuel filter is 1.5 years old but sub 5000 miles. New oil change.
I guess I'll take off the EGR to check for soot? No idea. Subtext is van was sitting idle during Chicago winter during which battery died and had to swap out for new one (part number which supposedly doesn't fit the sprinter but is a replacement part number for the previous battery)

Any ideas for next steps? I also plan on driving down to Dr A since my injector 1 seems to be leaking a bit :((( but this lhm would make the drive ass clenching haha

autostaretx

Erratic Member
P0112: intake air temp sensor voltage low
P0299: turbo underboost (it's not putting out as much as it's expecting)
P0336: crankshaft sensor performance (it's not putting out the expected voltage)

I'd start by looking for wiring damage ... such as the bend behind the fuel filter.

If you have a ScanGauge (or similar) look at the IAT (intake air temperature) display when driving.
Normally it should be about 20 to 40 F degrees above the ambient temperature.
If you see a really high temperature, it could be a wiring fault, or the sensor failing.

With an ohmmeter, at about 68 F, it should read 5000 ohms across the sensor.

--dick

Last edited:

democrap

P0112: intake air temp sensor voltage low
P0299: turbo underboost (it's not putting out as much as it's expecting)
P0336: crankshaft sensor performance (it's not putting out the expected voltage)

I'd start by looking for wiring damage ... such as the bend behind the fuel filter.

If you have a ScanGauge (or similar) look at the IAT (intake air temperature) display when driving.
Normally it should be about 20 to 40 F degrees above the ambient temperature.
If you see a really high temperature, it could be a wiring fault, or the sensor failing.

With an ohmmeter, at about 68 F, it should read 5000 ohms across the sensor.

--dick
Thanks will order one and check the temps. What are the chances of engine damage? Should I limit my driving?

democrap

you're ordering a ScanGauge, or an ohmmeter?
Scanner.

Though yesterday after sleeping the codes were gone by themselves. I was hopeful the new tank of gas fixed it but that was wishful thinking.

After about 30 miles the limp mode came back leading me to believe there is a leak somewhere I'm not seeing. Going to try to seal or swap out the resonator and recheck all the hoses

democrap

Update on this problem. I guess it didnt make much sense to me that LHM would only hit after driving a while or above a certain speed. Looked at previous threads saying to look for cracks in the hoses especially at the bends. After reading about all the leaking resonators I figured I would replace mine anyway (dealer replaced it like 30k ago by previous owner, even left me an extra). I bought the aluminum one off ebay for 40$.

Didn't have the E wrench, went to harbor freight got some torx sockets, of course didn't fit. ORdered some e wrenches off amazon. took out 2 bolts quarter turn at a time (protip buy the ratcheting ones for 20$ more), swapped it out in under an hour. Didn't see any cracks in hoses but only a long drive will tell. Hoping to go down to Doktor A in a few weeks so wish me luck :)

autostaretx

Erratic Member
what is a 1451 code
This is a T1N thread (1999-2006) ... i know from your other posting that you have a 2008. (an NCV3)

When posting about codes, you *really do* have to specify your model year, since they're completely different (even year-to-year).

T1Ns do not have DPF units, so that code means nothing to our code guides.

BUT: here is the 2007 service manual: http://www.diysprinter.co.uk/reference/2007-sprinter-service-information.pdf
...which may help.

good luck
--dick

Top Bottom