Locked up AC comp... Run shorter belt?

skippytdi

Thanks, but many years of heavy industry and loud toys have taken their toll. My hearing isn't what it was. Just ask my wife.

:cheers: vic
i would hear a tale of selective hearing. and how you lie when you need to.
there is a saying in italian you can't put the handle on the pot wherever you want to.
i'm not saying you do i'm just saying that there is a saying in itali.....

:cheers:

skippytdi

Nobody knows if the A/C Compressor Bypass Pulley Dorman 34228 will fit? I will know soon. I found one for 10 bucks so ordered it on the chance it'll be fine.

i raise your 10 to 44. sold! as long as the bracket is sound and the bearing is replaceable. its more fun to dive head first into shallow water with someone else. there is a reverse of that saying. misery loves company.

Last edited:

skippytdi

Thanks, but many years...
Noah lived to about six hundred. u can watch it dwindle as the bible progresses its the joke of time. how old is your arse? add five hundred plus potential years to it. God always repairs ears if you are stupidly mindful of understanding that the sound ur hearing should require hearing protection its a very easy shortcut in a better world the bollocks is forgotten. u shouldn't have had to have had to waste so many years. its like a much better version of inception most of the actors and actresses are wearing diapers. its how God runs His comedy routine. :idunno:

Last edited:

skippytdi

the freightliner, mercedes, dodge affair in a nutshell...

the worst military michelin x is a 12.5R20. the piece of ****e pictured here. its embarrassingly bad. its like a water balloon. this tire was designed for the u.s. military introduction of what the next clip demonstrates. a michelin x 365/80R20 fits the bill just as easy and is bulletproof. literally.
https://youtu.be/UjoqlcV7YG0

in the nineties u could have bought this pos for 6 grand. insanity. i was a teenager i wasted my time on my stock honda accord...

please don't call any freightliner/mercedes enterprise a dodge. i joke about that with the owner of my local napa. its the only way to source parts through their computer system. u need to call it a dodge.

by rights t1n cans got "snuck" in. with issues. this tractor did too. the loader is useless. the escavator is a beast. its a real case. the design of this unimog differs though freightliner decided to fuse this unimogs back. it does not articulate as does normal unimogs of this "general design" (406)

Attachments

Last edited:

skippytdi

on is off and off is off. not sure if in that order. i have run my tank dry at times. t1n cans, for the purposes of sound pollution, require neither mufflers or long exhausts. and if you gut your cat by rights that makes you a sicko but it makes it all sound much better.

i'm a lawyer sue me before you sue Delta Airlines. cats are only glorified spark arrestors anyhoo. they collect soot. and they work quite well and they don't require platinum or cadmium or paladium or whatever engineers call it these days. cats are for gas. sorry.

Attachments

skippytdi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qAuaiBVNFY

the resonator is politics for political stupidity it belongs there. kind of. thats where the political stupidity comes into play. a spark arrestor collects soot. the same name for what should be what a "resonator" is designed for by rights it should have a drain plug of sorts or barring that an easy method of removal in order to facilitate shaking it out.

skippytdi

a donaldson spark arrestor is essentially this vortex exit path and the same size pipe that terminates 3 inches short before the metal shell that houses the "drain plug" visible in this photo. a vertical exit path makes the concept easier to concept but maybe thats why the french language is so gutteral.

in three thousand miles of operation i shook out a pound of soot i forgot to take a photo.

Attachments

Last edited:

skippytdi

a big baby worthy of being birthed. delta airlines is still in the negatives all flights are still recreational emission credits, for profit. i need not understand more just ask yoda.

Attachments

skippytdi

my apologies to the forum i lied.

a shorter belt will work fine it appears, with the caveat that at least the ac compressor pulley needs to be removed as the back of the belt will hit the pulley when taught.

i have an old belt i will rig one up and post the length.

Attachments

skippytdi

the difference between "minimum" belt size and maximum is aboot this much. (the two small notches) one and one eighth and that is pushing it because at the one eighth mark the tensioner has hit its stop.

Attachments

skippytdi

if your not in a one day emergency rush for belts this is the way to shop i use it for v-belts all the time. excellent quality and very good customer service.

having said that i only usually shop for v-belts. does anyone know how micro v belts are measured? i don't. i have enough issues with understand one vee.

Attachments

skippytdi

the dealership i bought my sprinter from was a la france ambulance repairer. where did the second alternator go on this engine? the same place the a/c unit goes but that means that ambulance t1n can a/c is run off the transmission pto?

excuse my french and my understanding i have never seen a sprinter t1n can ambulance setup although i do know the shop was set up correctly, and their service manager was a very nice female that back in the one year after a 2004 is out of warranty somehow got my clock spring replaced for free.

Attachments

Some additional info on removing/bypassing the A/C compressor and using a shorter belt. Nothing definitive, but may give a starting point.

First. A reminder that the OP was for a 2.1L 4 cylinder engine. For original thread.

I recall a thread where someone installed a belt that left the A/C pulley out of the routing on a 2.7L 5 cylinder. I don't recall if the A/C compressor needed to be removed for that to work or not. I asked for the belt number. I don't believe that I ever got a reply.

A search did reveal that Skippytdi measured the short belt to be approx. 7 ft. 1.9" long = 85.9" L = 2181.86 mm converted.

The A/C pulley does interfere with the shortened routing.

BUT...
A inches to mm direct conversion doesn't seem to work.

This listing doesn't compute to a 6PK2182 or even a 6PK2180 belt being near 85.9" long.

D&D PowerDrive 6PK2176 Metric Standard Replacement Belt, 86.55" Length, 0.86" Width
https://www.amazon.com/PowerDrive-6PK2176-Metric-Standard-Replacement/dp/B01AGQ9YJA

Unless a definite length can be established, trial and error may be needed.

Maybe start with this?
This Ford Taurus Serpentine Belt [6PK2165] has an outside effective circumference length of 85.2"
https://mechanidrive.com/852k6-6pk2165-1994-ford-taurus-equivalent-serpentine-belt-abz27142/

or

6PK2170

Anyway.
The info and pics from Skippytdi starts here. :thumbup:

Locked up AC comp... Run shorter belt?
https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?p=699216#post699216

FWIW.

Last edited:
BTW… .

Thanks for the pic.
Right is the center of my pic, a bolt, right?
What, is that bolt just doing nothing?
Is that a oil pressure port? Can you determine the size & pitch?
Also Mr Op, is there a port on the drivers side of the om647, just under the AC compr?
If so could determine the size & thread pitch?

Thank you so much.

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom