Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Regional Discussions > Canada

Old 03-23-2019, 09:37 PM   #31
CdnVWJunkie

Default Re: Stoked for incoming Travois Expedition

They must have moved to a different facility. I was all through their shop when there last June. Those photos most certainly were not taken inside the shop i was in.
CdnVWJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 12:51 AM   #32
Trail Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnVWJunkie View Post
They must have moved to a different facility. I was all through their shop when there last June. Those photos most certainly were not taken inside the shop i was in.
Well I haven't been there at all. I know they moved from Quebec last spring, maybe you were at the old shop? The pics match others posted earlier from the same place and one's they've sent showing our build progress. Take a look at their FB page and tell me what you think...
Old 03-24-2019, 01:15 PM   #33
CdnVWJunkie

Hmm. Just curious. The shop I was at was in L'Original Ontario. Nice shop but vastly smaller than the pictured one. They did mention to me that their order load was huge and I recall thinking that the shop space they had wouldn't long support such demand.
CdnVWJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 07:05 PM   #34
Trail Talk

Default Travois L'Orignal Ontario facility

Here is a picture of their new shop at L'Orignal. Look familiar?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Travois Ontario.jpg (118.6 KB, 54 views)
Old 03-31-2019, 04:04 PM   #35
Trail Talk

Default We're All Wet!

One of the fascinating aspects of our build has been the running changes that occur as Travois constantly improves their builds. Recently were were advised they would be incorporating a sit-shower/bathroom in the low roof pop-top vans, adapted from their high roof models. Our previous arrangement had no shower and a cassette toilet that slid out of a cabinet in the galley area. My wife is doing the happy dance...

The attached photos shows both versions; high roof in raw aluminum before painting, and the cut-down model powder-coated in a custom green. Standard colour will be off-white.

On a side note; we'd previously planned to shower outside using a nifty device we found on Kickstarter called the Geyser System, which heated and pumped water from a small portable unit. Despite the fact they reached their funding goal, the developer flaked out and is now looking for more money at Indiegogo. At least with that platform the investor is protected, while Kickstarter contributors are not.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Travois highroof shower.jpg (77.5 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpeg Travois lowroof shower.jpeg (95.9 KB, 49 views)
Old 04-26-2019, 11:36 AM   #36
Travois

I thought that I would pipe in regards to our facilities; the L'Orginal facility was originally to be the production site, but it became quickly apparent that we would out grow it quickly, so we have a very large production facility in Ottawa and our original location is used as office, parts storage.

All production takes place in Ottawa, we are ISO9001 (2015), National Safety Mark and MB up-fitter certified, so this literally ties our hands threefold. So it with this news, and the strict new changes to MB Up-fitter as of March 20, that we will be focusing as of Sept 2019 on our standard production vans, our Conestoga High roof and Low roof will share the same floor plan now, and our Metris will streamline down to one model, with the Jacques Cartier pop-top model.

So as of Sept, our production vans will start to roll out of the shop, and as always, we will continue to improve where we can on a continuous bases. Ironically we find ourselves becoming a boutique builder, small enough to react to your needs, but large enough to meet demand.

Sadly I find myself much less active then before on social media, but I can always be reached via our website. Incidentally, we are hiring at our Ottawa location, so if you are looking for a career, drop us a CV.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 52013952_805201433153616_6819177106946129920_n.jpg (104.8 KB, 33 views)
Travois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 07:45 PM   #37
Trail Talk

Thanks for clarifying Daniel. I hope the recent flooding down east doesn't impact you too much
Old 05-10-2019, 10:13 PM   #38
Trail Talk

The flight to Ottawa is booked for next month, then we have a 3500km drive back home to test out our rig. The build spec has pretty well stayed the same since the last update, except we are reverting to a Webasto diesel cooktop over an induction stove to reduce battery load. Will help us stay off-grid longer.