Sprinter-Forum    
 

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Roadtrek


 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2018, 12:02 AM   #1
bigfelipe
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 35
Thanks: 16
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default Adding extra batteries to SS Agile?

Anyone add extra batteries to their SS Agile? Looking for a place to hide a couple more for easier boondocking...
bigfelipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 10:02 AM   #2
irvingj
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Etna, NH
Posts: 981
Thanks: 798
Thanked 403 Times in 283 Posts
Default Re: Adding extra batteries to SS Agile?

How many do you have now? Our 2015 Agile has two under the hood and a second pair in a rack under the rear, I'm assuming where the spare tire would normally be. (Our spare's mounted vertically on that trailer hitch set-up.) Those 4 batteries plus the 300W of solar on the roof work very well for us; we essentially never have to plug in.
__________________
2015 RT SS Agile, 3.0 V-6
irvingj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 11:53 PM   #3
bigfelipe
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 35
Thanks: 16
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: Adding extra batteries to SS Agile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvingj View Post
How many do you have now? Our 2015 Agile has two under the hood and a second pair in a rack under the rear, I'm assuming where the spare tire would normally be. (Our spare's mounted vertically on that trailer hitch set-up.) Those 4 batteries plus the 300W of solar on the roof work very well for us; we essentially never have to plug in.

Just two in the back below the floor under the couch. I'm not sure of the solar panel rating on my rig yet. I just got it. Still figuring it out. It's an '07 for the record
bigfelipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:30 AM   #4
irvingj
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Etna, NH
Posts: 981
Thanks: 798
Thanked 403 Times in 283 Posts
Default Re: Adding extra batteries to SS Agile?

Well-- if you already have the wo under the floor in the rear, perhaps you could put two more in under the hood... I'd think the ones in the back would be more difficult.

Here's what ours looks like; they sit directly in front of the driver:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC06233.jpg (119.0 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06647.jpg (113.3 KB, 58 views)
__________________
2015 RT SS Agile, 3.0 V-6

Last edited by irvingj; 06-12-2018 at 09:33 AM.
irvingj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:45 AM   #5
bigfelipe
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 35
Thanks: 16
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: Adding extra batteries to SS Agile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvingj View Post
Well-- if you already have the wo under the floor in the rear, perhaps you could put two more in under the hood... I'd think the ones in the back would be more difficult.

Here's what ours looks like; they sit directly in front of the driver:
Is that above and beyond the 12v sprinter engine battery or does your RV run on four 6v batteries instead of two 6v and a 12v? The two under your hood are where my single automotive battery is.
bigfelipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 11:34 AM   #6
irvingj
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Etna, NH
Posts: 981
Thanks: 798
Thanked 403 Times in 283 Posts
Default Re: Adding extra batteries to SS Agile?

Interesting! No, the two under the hood there are coach batteries, identical to the pair of 6-volters under the floor in the back. The truck battery (excuse me, the "chassis" battery) is under the floor, inside the cabin, pretty much under the driver's feet. There's a compartment there under the floor mat(s). I thought all Sprinter truck starting batteries were there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5- batt exposed.JPG (137.3 KB, 46 views)
__________________
2015 RT SS Agile, 3.0 V-6
irvingj is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to irvingj For This Useful Post:
bigfelipe (06-14-2018)
Old 06-13-2018, 10:33 PM   #7
BobLLL
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Pacific Northwest, USA
Posts: 525
Thanks: 130
Thanked 184 Times in 131 Posts
Default Re: Adding extra batteries to SS Agile?

It sounds like your 2007 Agile was built on the "first generation" Sprinter chassis, built by MB before mid-2006. The engine battery was under the hood in that model. There was no battery under the driver's floor. MB provided space for an auxiliary battery under the passenger seat for the first generation, but Roadtrek used that space for the fresh water tank. So Roadtrek put the auxiliary/coach battery under the rear seat. I thought RT started using the 2nd generation Sprinter chassis, with the engine battery under the driver's floor, in 2007 but apparently not.
__________________
Bob
2011 Roadtrek SS Agile
BobLLL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BobLLL For This Useful Post:
bigfelipe (06-14-2018), irvingj (06-14-2018)
Old 06-14-2018, 04:01 AM   #8
bigfelipe
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 35
Thanks: 16
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: Adding extra batteries to SS Agile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLLL View Post
It sounds like your 2007 Agile was built on the "first generation" Sprinter chassis, built by MB before mid-2006. The engine battery was under the hood in that model. There was no battery under the driver's floor. MB provided space for an auxiliary battery under the passenger seat for the first generation, but Roadtrek used that space for the fresh water tank. So Roadtrek put the auxiliary/coach battery under the rear seat. I thought RT started using the 2nd generation Sprinter chassis, with the engine battery under the driver's floor, in 2007 but apparently not.
Sorry, should have been clearer. It's a 2007 titled Roadtrek, built on a 2006 Sprinter as I understand it. Last of the 5 cylinders...
bigfelipe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bigfelipe For This Useful Post:
irvingj (06-14-2018)
Old 04-22-2019, 07:20 PM   #9
David Kwong
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Roadtrek Agile 2007, Dometic Refrigerator removal?

We have a Roadtrek Agile 2007, with built on a 2006 Sprinter with Dometic Refrigerator, beside the 4 Phillip head screw that holds it in place on both side, are their anything else I need to removed in order to take out this refrigerator. I'm replacing it with A/C, D/C compressor type!
David Kwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 03:39 AM   #10
David Kwong
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 2007 Roadttrek SS Agile, water tank replacement needed!

Looking for 2007 Roadtrek Agile - Grey water Tank replacement, got damaged bottom cracked & leaking!
David Kwong is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.