Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Airstream > Interstate

Old 10-03-2017, 01:04 AM   #11
nvestysly
Looking for

Default Re: Hello - Currently Looking for Twin Bed Model

Hello,

I haven't posted to this thread in quite some time but would like to speak to some Interstate owners regarding an van we found for sale. Twin beds in a 22' 2010 model. I have some questions if anyone is willing to call me via phone I'd like to speak to you. Please send a PM.

On a related note... Anyone out there with a twin bed NCV3 model for sale please post here or send a PM.

Thanks.
Old 10-04-2017, 01:53 AM   #12
Boxster1971
2012 Sprinter 3500 Ext

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvestysly View Post
I appreciate the suggestion regarding Air Forums. I frequent that site for many Airstream issues and I certainly see some questions and answers related to Interstates. However, Interstates are such a small part of Air Forums that I hoped this site (sprinter-source) would be the "silver bullet" I was hoping to find regarding Sprinter related issues.

Each site has its advantages and disadvantages. I guess sprinter-source deals with so many other issues (and brands) it will not be the definitive place to address all matters related to Interstates.

Oh well, I'll keep poking around at this site, Air Forums and others to locate an Interstate for us and to solve problems and help other people solve their issues.
Since you are back and still looking I will remind you that you will find a lot more about Airstream Interstates on the AirForums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motohome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum. It is a very active forum with lots of folks that are very helpful.
Old 01-08-2018, 02:09 AM   #13
nvestysly
Looking for

OOPS! I forgot to keep everyone informed on our progress to find a van...

The van we mentioned above is now ours! It had about 45,000 miles when we purchased it. The Carfax report did not indicate any problems. We are the fourth owner. Each of the previous owners put about 15,000 miles on the van and used it periodically as well as taking a "major" roadtrip in the van. It was well cared for and shows signs of usual wear and tear with a few scratches here and there.

The seller had all the service records, including several recalls that had been addressed.

We've had a chance to take two, two-week trips and the Interstate worked well for us. We've identified a few issues and we've been taking care of those as time permits.

One very good thing about this 2010 Interstate is that it's actually built on a 2008 Sprinter platform. That means no DEF! Every time I read about DEF problems on later model Sprinters I say a thank you. We're looking forward to many years of enjoyment with this van.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:56 PM   #14
wayneskid

Hi nvestysly, I have the same model and may be selling it. I sent you a PM just now.
Also, 2001 VW Eurovan Camper (Winnebago conversion)~70K miles
wayneskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 12:09 AM   #15
Pahaska

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvestysly View Post

Which Airstream Interstate models could be converted to a twin bed arrangement. I guess I can remove the rear lounge (?) seats and install twin beds. Am I on the right track?.
I just now finished converting my 2018 GT to twin beds. It took me a week, working alone (I'm 86). I had earlier converted a 2015 Lounge to twin beds. That was a bit harder due to the height of the water heater that required that I add height to all of the cabinets beneath. The tankless water heater in the 2018 is lower.

It is really an easy conversion and the result is better than the factory twin because the factory twin loses the invaluable "trunk" under the rear floor.

We love the twins. They are narrow, but we are quiet sleepers and have no problem with the width.

For mattresses in the 2014, I used an electric knife to cut down foam mattresses. For the 2018, we ordered custom mattresses to fit. For sheets and covers, I cut queen items in half and bind the cut edge. Very cheap way to make bedding.
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote