Road Tax

tommyhi

Hello All,

What should the yearly Road Tax be on a 316 cdi Sprinter that was first registered in the UK in 03/2006 ? We bought the Campervan couple of months ago. At present that the road tax is around £ 137.50 for 6 months.

Sticker on the Engine says A 612 010 5844
Build Date: 06/12/2005

Not sure if the engine is Euro 4 compliant ?

I went to Transport for London website and checked T-charge compliance checker with vehicle reg and they say that the vehicle meets Euro 4 standard.

Looking at https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax-rate-tables/other-vehicle-tax-rates the road tax I paid reflects non-euro 4 compliant vehicle.

Confusing :thinking:

Thanks
Tom

Last edited:

Wildebus

Ours is a 2001 Mercedes Hymer B 680 4600Kg 2151cc and the tax is £165.00 p/a, based on a sprinter 311cdi
You got that rate as yours is over 3.5t so is taxed as an HGV

Also depends on the body type - is it registered as a motor caravan or still as a van?
Makes no difference whatsoever. The tax rate does not change on vehicle reclassification

As far as the OPs question goes, the tax rate sounds correct to me. There were some "special offers" for road tax on Euro 4 and Euro 5 vehicles when each was first intoduced, but this was only for a short period of registration.
If you happen to have a vehicle registered within those windows, you will benefit every year, but otherwise they are all the same no matter what Euro spec they are or what weight they are (upto 3.5t) or what age they are.

Top Bottom