Can't Reset TPMS Warning - 'Tire Pres. Monitor Active'

Well I have the same issue on my 2015 any it's been annoying lately. I have a look at the instrument cluster coding and I don't see anything that will change the monitored tire pressure range. The TPMS module has no coding options, so if it is possible to change the monitored pressure, it must be from learning it.

For what it's worth, I can see the TPMS is calculating a normalized pressure for each wheel, which is probably what is used for range checking. It also seems to keep track of one wheel ID with fast pressure change. I can also see stored reference pressures for each wheel. This would seem to indicate at least some ability to accept a new pressure range. It's quit possible plausible limits are hard coded and the TPMS won't learn anything outside these limits.

ZED

Sprinter Newbie
We had a weird thing happen on our last trip. Driving along and the TPMS suddenly alarmed and went red. Immediately slowed and pulled over thinking we'd blown a tire but they all looked fine. A further look at the values the TPMS was showing indicated that it had swapped the values for the drivers side tires. It showed about 47psi rear and 70psi front. It stayed like that through multiple restarts and then swapped back that night.

bkdiem

having the same problem as the original poster.

144 4x4 from 2016

i’ve got 45,000 miles

light just came on and there are no longer individual tire pressures indicated like they were yesterday. instead it says “tire pres. monitor active” and the little low pressure tire light is active on the dash

anyone who posted with a problem get it fixed yet?

slobrewer

anyone who posted with a problem get it fixed yet?
Nope. What I've done is gotten used to a bright red screen of death and chime noise going off every time I drive the van. I've simply changed my attitude to treat this as "Hey Dave, I thought I'd just let you know what pressure your tires are. Have a nice day." It literally no longer bothers me that this happens. I'm guessing that's at least partially because I'm pretty patient and I love everything else about the van so have chosen to not let this ruin the experience for me.

About to beat the dead horse, but...

I got a 2007 2500 Crew van with steering controls. I hit the reset button (0 button) and nothing happens. It still shows "tire press. displayed after driving for several minutes"

My symptoms:
After a recent brake-pad change, the shop "adjusted" the tire pressure. Ever since then I get the tire-pressure indicator, and the beep and a red screen showing all the tire-pressures being perfect. It's like, LOOOK!!! YOUR TIRE PRESSURES are SO GOOD! :lol:

Reactivating tire pressure monitor
Vehicles with steering wheel buttons
- Turn the key to position 2 in the ignition lock.
- Press the scroll forward or scroll backward button on the steering wheel repeatedly until the standard display appears.
- Press the up or down button on the steering wheel repeatedly until the current pressure of the individual tires is displayed, or the display shows the following message:
tire press. displayed after
driving for several minutes
- Press the reset button on the instrument cluster.
- The following message is displayed:
Monitor current tire pressure?
- Press the plus button on the steering wheel.
- The following message is displayed:
tire press. monitor reactivated
- The tire pressure monitor activation process has begun. The tire pressures measured for the individual wheels are stored as the new reference values, provided that the tire pressure monitor considers them to be plausible.
If you wish to cancel the activation process:
- Press the minus button on the steering wheel.

Thump_rrr

Didn’t read the whole thread but I’ve reset it by driving at highway speed for about 15-20 minutes after confirming proper tire pressure

elemental

Wherever you go, there you are.
A few weeks ago my TPMS, which has otherwise shown no problems with me adjusting air pressure appropriately for my vehicle weight (i.e., reducing considerably from max PSI, especially in the rear when empty), spazzed out and acted funny (lit up in red, complained about low pressure, then started just displaying something like "system active". I didn't record the specifics, unfortunately. The next day it acted normally and has ever since. Spurious data corruption either from sensors or over the CAN bus?

D

Deleted member 50714

A few weeks ago my TPMS, which has otherwise shown no problems with me adjusting air pressure appropriately for my vehicle weight (i.e., reducing considerably from max PSI, especially in the rear when empty), spazzed out and acted funny (lit up in red, complained about low pressure, then started just displaying something like "system active". I didn't record the specifics, unfortunately. The next day it acted normally and has ever since. Spurious data corruption either from sensors or over the CAN bus?
Only the canbus God's will know for sure. My 2015 has done similar a couple of times. I reset it and continue on. She's a quirky beast she is. TPMS, another Federally mandated system to protect dummies from themselves.

elemental

Wherever you go, there you are.
TPMS, another Federally mandated system to protect dummies from themselves.
My wife's car has a stupid TPMS... just a dash light that comes on, no other information. A lot of $$ and tech to make the light light up, and a wasted opportunity to provide a much better amount of information.

I *really like* the Sprinter's display of tire pressure on all four wheels that I can pull up and use to see what the pressure is, especially in the winter time when the temperature yo-yos where I live. It is usually between 32 deg F and 42 deg F, but can plummet down to 20 deg F or lower. With the TPMS dash display of pressure I can know just how low the pressure drops requiring manual intervention with an air compressor.

Sure... I *could* check it once a week/month with a gauge, in the cold/rain. But it is a lot easier to sit warm in the cab and pull it up on the display. Having said that... I probably wouldn't have sprung for it as an "at cost" option if it wasn't required by law. People are quirky too.

Top Bottom