I May Be So Royally Screwed!

WayneinPD

Agree this is the wrong place to discuss politics, but there are many very smart people who have given very specific reasons that we should doubt that our warming climate will become a disaster because of human-kind generated CO2. And it has been, unfortunately, made political

CJPJ

2008 3500 170 EXTD 3.0 V6 OM642.993 4.182
We have purchased for decades more than 40lb (18.14kg.) monthly, Natures Blend - Premium Wild Bird Food, have four statutory feeders not counting the five seasonal Hummingbird feeders.

Yes the 13/one hundredths Celsius rise over 3 three years should be prioritized. The Anthropomorphic percentage of it ... less than .00001

Last edited:

... perform a leak check with air in the system.

much easier to clean up leaked air.
That is a good suggestion.

If you have the capability to blow out the water lines, (at reduced air pressure) ...
Can't be stressed too much, or you may cause problems which aren't freeze related.

Sometimes a small air leak doesn't make a bunch of noise though.

vic

D

Deleted member 50714

So... I parked my 2017 Unity Murphy Bed at Ferguson Terminal in Seattle, WA until April -- without winterizing. This decision was probably foolhardy, in hindsight. I took the advice of every "local" that I spoke with at the time -- all of which reassured me that Seattle's weather is mild. "Rarely gets below 40 degrees!" With the weather at the highest temperatures they had experienced for years when I visited, I fell for it.

I looked online at Weather.com, etc. and found Historical Averages. Indeed, they backed-up these claims, stating the average Lows rarely reach below 36 degrees.

Now, they just received the greatest snowfall since, well, "FOREVER!!" -- with more expected. And Lows are in the 12-degree range tonight. Highs won't get out of the 30s for 10 days, it seems.

I do not think I can get the people running the storage lot there to do anything about Winterizing the coach, now. I doubt they know how. They just collect rent. And it may be too late. I would need to ship them a key, anyway.

I guess this will be a real test.
Or a major fiasco.
I won't know until I return April 1st.

I better start looking for a nearby RV facility, huh?

This is me, bashing ME!
:bash:
Quoth the Raven "Nevermore".

(At least in this thread.)

:cheers: vic

I interpreted Scarecrow's post as more of a expression of exasperation than solicitation for advice. Cognizant of Scarecrow's penchant for humor, I thought I would punctuate the thread with a bit of humor. Apparently, Scarecrow didn't mind, and if he did, he would have every right to tell me to knock-it-off and I would've promptly complied.

To atone for my indiscretions, I offer my sincerest apology to Scarecrow and offer bit of advice.

"Hope for the best but always plan for the worst" and, carry some of this with you good buddy.

Sincerely,
Da NOx

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Scarecrow

2017 LTV Unity Murphy Bed
Well, advice is always welcomed.
And Politics do not scare me -- everybody is welcome to their own opinion.

But a secret admirer of my stupidity sent me THIS for Valentine's Day -- with the tagline "Happy Valentine's Day from Seattle!"

Cold. You have a cold, cold heart, oh, Secret Admirer!! :lol:

Attachments

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Was that frozen Valentine the puddle he found under your Sprinter?

--dick (>90% of on-street snow has now been washed away by rain)

Scarecrow

2017 LTV Unity Murphy Bed

While it's true that "Nobody on the Internet knows you're a dog." -- I do hope it was not a "he" that sent me this. I'm hoping more like Jennifer Lawrence -- although, her Restraining Order against me hasn't actually expired, yet. Still, there's hope...

Well, we know that antifreeze wouldn't interfere with any puddle found under the Scarecrow RV as to freezing. (Sorry. Couldn't resist piling on.)

... her Restraining Order against me hasn't actually expired, yet. Still, there's hope...
Don't get your hopes up too high. A good lawyer can easily extend the protection.

Time for worrying is over. Temps are the rise. Brighter days are on the horizon. RV weather will return before you know it... quoth the Raven.

:cheers: vic

HarryN

I am still not a huge fan of the pink anti freeze. It still solidifies, just doesn't expand.

IMHO, vodka is a better alternative and disinfects the lines at the same time.

If you happen to accidentally drink some, well still not a serious problem.

Top Bottom