Engine swap 2016 sprinter to 2010 2.2L CRd

marineboy

Hey every one. I'm in the middle of and engine transplant and run into BCM issues. We have a 4WD sprinter ute 09/10 965 2.2L CRD with a blown engine. We have a doner car which is a 09/16 965 2.2L CRD Ambulance. The engine harness won't plug into the body control module and we cant get a start signal. We are now moving to swap the dash and wiring harness over from vehicle to vehicle. Anyone got experience with this problem?

Eric Experience

Marine.
You are going the wrong way, you can not easily change the wiring loom and controls. best to lift the wiring of the blown engine and fit it on to the new engine. The big difference in age may not allow this, can you post the 2 engine numbers? Eric

marineboy

Marine.
You are going the wrong way, you can not easily change the wiring loom and controls. best to lift the wiring of the blown engine and fit it on to the new engine. The big difference in age may not allow this, can you post the 2 engine numbers? Eric

Hey Eric, thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Ive decided to swap the entire interior and loom into the 2010 sprinter. This will update the vehicle and give me all the mod cons of the sat nav telephone etc. I agree it would be easier to change the engine loom but it raises issues with using all the old components on the engine and coding injectors and sensor issues.
I'm keen to keep in touch with you as it seems you are an expert in this field.
Keep ya posted.

Sockeye770

Learning from an old problem with my old 315, maybe the whole steering column with sensors & keys need to be swapped over as well and/or have the later ECU reprogrammed to accept the the signals from the older sensors.

marineboy

Hi everyone.Have had good progress with engine transplant as it is a learning curve.
Have got engine installed with latter wiring complete and engine is running but is in limp mode.
Had to install key and ignition from latter steering column
What i need help with is to rectify or replace the ecu as the latter ambulance had a curtain air bag go off,and the original ute didn't come with curtain air bags,
The original ute was manual and 4wd the latter auto and 2wd
Had have reluctant addvice from mb dealer
ute vin wdb9061332n456654
ambulance vin wdb9066332p270611

Eric Experience

Marine.
Congratulations on getting the engine running, You will have to get the faults cleared on the ECU. Then read the new codes when you drive it. A good operator with a star diagnostic unit will tell you what needs to be done. Eric

Top Bottom