RV Cover

FloridaTraveler

We've just purchased a '19 Navion 24D and should pick it up next week. We currently have a Casita travel trailer, which we enjoy, but we were looking for something a bit larger. After a lot of research and practical considerations, we picked the Winnebago.

This our first RV and I'm sure i will learn many valuable tips and lessons on this forum. To begin, I would like to buy a cover for my rig. My search of the forum came up with a lot of "covers," but not the kind I was looking for.

Can anyone recommend a brand and size RV cover that would fit?

Thanks,
Bob

Rock Doc

Bob,

You’ll also find a lot of debate on whether to use a cover at all. Some swear by them, others swear at them. Pluses are that they protect from UV and to some degree from water. Minuses are than they can scuff and polish off paint or the finish s they blow in the wind, they can trap moisture, sometimes impede ventilation if you leave windows and vents open, impede solar panels from maintaining battery charge. Some manufacturers advise against them.

I think it’s largely a toss-up on using covers. Personally, I don’t. I like wax/ProtectAll for the paint, and I leave the awning windows and the covered Fantastic Fan vent open to allow air circulation. This seems to have prevented development of mold and mildew (which I had trouble with when I used to keep them closed with a desiccant; I live in the Seattle area, so winter humidity is an issue).

Rock Doc
2014 Pleasureway Plateau TS in 2013 Sprinter 3500

FloridaTraveler

Thanks Rock Doc. Points to ponder I guess. We live in Florida and are concerned about the UV damage that can occur over time. Of course we get our share of wind as well. Nothing's easy!

Bob

Larry M

We have a 2005 PW Plateau TS 158” and cover it with a Classic Accessories 3 ply cover. $153 on eBay with free shipping. Pleasure Way also suggests that you shouldn’t cover because it can chafe through the paint. With the crappy roof seams for my year sprinter, roof leaks are a bigger concern than the paint.

Oh yeah, the cover fits great and I would order another.

https://classicaccessories.com/rv-pp3-class-b-cover

We've just purchased a '19 Navion 24D and should pick it up next week. We currently have a Casita travel trailer, which we enjoy, but we were looking for something a bit larger. After a lot of research and practical considerations, we picked the Winnebago.

This our first RV and I'm sure i will learn many valuable tips and lessons on this forum. To begin, I would like to buy a cover for my rig. My search of the forum came up with a lot of "covers," but not the kind I was looking for.

Can anyone recommend a brand and size RV cover that would fit?

Thanks,
Bob
I live in FL too and have not purchased one yet. But this one is highly recommended for our climate.

https://www.calmarkcovers.com/

WinnieView1

We have used many covers over the years with different motorhomes and always on the cheap. Meaning that we were buying a new cover about every 2 years due to the AZ sun.

We have decided against a cover for our new to us Winnebago and will use plenty of Rejex instead.

norcal2

I live in california and use a cover keeps the branches and leaves off bird droppings and reduces the sun damage,had a lot of winter storms this year and the cover prevents damage... got one on discount from camping world always wonder why people spend 6 figures on a vehicle and dont have shelter or a cover for it..my top clear coat is peeling back a little after 10 years i bought this used so i have no idea of the life it had before me...09J.

Top Bottom