wind noise around side door

grross

We have a 2017 Serenity that has excessive wind noise while in motion. The dealer explained to me the door has no adjustments and this problem is common. Have any other owners experienced this problem and if you did were you able to solve it?

Philip53

2021 2500 Sprinter 170, 4 cyl gas
Many folks here have had a howling, kazoo type noise that comes and goes, mostly at higher speeds with high quartering winds. There is a simple way to find out if this is your problem. Get some 2" wide painters tape and tape up the WINDSHIELD on both left and right vertical sides, covering the rubber gasket top to bottom. You may be surprised.

geds

2018 Serenity
There are stops at the top and base of the coach door that can be used to apply pressure to the door. I had the factory replace the weather stripping around my door (2018). Still got squeaking and rattling. Applied spray lithium grease to the lock assembly which temporarily stopped the noise. This past weekend, I removed the cover and found missing screws that should've been there to secure the lock assembly from moving. Knock on wood - two new screws seemed to have fixed my frustrating squeaks!

israndy

2007 LTV Serenity
My 2007 doesn't have the adjustable stops, though I have purchased them from LTV, yet to install. I also have the weather stripping that I will install too. Hopefully, that will cut down on the noise in the RV. Sad to hear that even those whose RVs came with this stuff from the factory are complaining about noise.

-Randy

slinkblot

We have horrible wind noise (2018 Serenity) at higher speeds, especially when we have a head wind. There is a strange sound (clammering) that is mostly heard coming from the driver area. It almost seems like something is loose, but after 5 trips out since our purchase, we haven't found where it's coming from.

Top Bottom