Share Driveway?

avanti

2022 Ford Transit 3500
Also, on Bob's note, should we allow access to the Share Driveways forum for logged in users? It would be the same for the Funnies and Dangerzone forum where you need to log in to see it. This prevents bots/spiders from scraping the information.
Surely you do not want to allow anonymous access to this. Lots of affinity groups of many kinds maintain such lists. Virtually all of them are "members only".

Graphite Dave

Dave Orton
A post in Shared Driveways needs to be editable forever. If a person moves they need to delete it or if they no longer want to be a host.

Would also be nice to be able to go back to the original application form to change information at any time.

Ovrlnd_Trvlr

On A Journey
Also, on Bob's note, should we allow access to the Share Driveways forum for logged in users? It would be the same for the Funnies and Dangerzone forum where you need to log in to see it. This prevents bots/spiders from scraping the information.
Yes.

hkpierce

'02 140 Hi BlueBlk Pass
If the form link is to be located as it is currently, then it needs to be identified as such:

Form to offer to share your driveway

Capture.JPG

hkpierce

'02 140 Hi BlueBlk Pass
I completely missed this on the sub-forum page - old habits of hitting the New Thread button and not expecting to see the new option above the adverts. If the "New Threads" can't be repurposed, can it be greyed out? Also, for the form fill section, same comment as my post above, and maybe change the background shading to attract attention.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

sikwan

06 Tin Can
I completely missed this on the sub-forum page - old habits of hitting the New Thread button and not expecting to see the new option above the adverts. If the "New Threads" can't be repurposed, can it be greyed out? Also, for the form fill section, same comment as my post above, and maybe change the background shading to attract attention.
Agreed, the button/link needs to change to make it easier.

Right now we're in beta, so the buttons/link will be reconfigured eventually.

Thanasis

Which part?

The entry form specifically for the Share Driveway is the only thing different.
The main page I see is titled "Sprinter-Forum Mobile"

I want to upload a screenshot for you to see, but this interface does not provide the option.
My setup
browser Chrome
Macbook pro

Edit: The problem has to do with using Chrome. The site looks normal when accessed via Safari.
Here is what it look like from Chrome:

Attachments

Last edited:

sikwan

06 Tin Can
New Thread button redirects to the Form, only for the Share Driveways forum.

Now to test >24hr edit ability... Ability to edit after 24hrs = true.

AlkiSprinter

Dave,

"Shared-Driveways" GREAT idea.

We are new to Sprinter-Source (bought a 2005 T1N December 2016). We are planning our first Sprinter Adventure from Seattle to Southern California - departing late April 2017.

We plan on offering our driveway in Seattle (Alki Beach).

Cheers,

Eddie

Graphite Dave

Dave Orton
Dave,

"Shared-Driveways" GREAT idea.

We are new to Sprinter-Source (bought a 2005 T1N December 2016). We are planning our first Sprinter Adventure from Seattle to Southern California - departing late April 2017.

We plan on offering our driveway in Seattle (Alki Beach).

Cheers,

Eddie
Sounds like a good trade. Will have to plan a trip up there.

I have a awesome side yard with full hook ups.... Palm Springs California. Park here and I may or may not bug you with sprinter questions.

noercarr

New Thread button redirects to the Form, only for the Share Driveways forum.

Now to test >24hr edit ability... Ability to edit after 24hrs = true.
I made this fairly quick, let me know if using something like this is of interest to anyone:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tVzUR6gwTT4qrYrzCB0qQCCjMbY&usp=sharing

Image of "the driveway" like Graphite Dave's can be added easily, otherwise a default google town image is placed.

Added a couple local dealerships that service Sprinters on a separate layer that can easily be turned on/off to show that function if interested.

I can continue to check back and add locations as they are updated on the shared driveway subforum, but shouldn't be trusted to do so on any reliable schedule.

Top Bottom