I need a new inside shower basin!

Mikolia69

Once in a while you get shown the light....
The foam underneath the basin has deteriorated and because of that the basin has a few cracks. I did a quick repair with RV roof tape ($30 on amazon) and its holding but looks terrible.

Does anyone have any similar experience with replacing the basin? I cant seem to find a replacement part anywhere online. I have bought about taking the whole shower/bathroom apart and build it over with tile, etc, but I probably do not have the skills or time to do it right.

Any suggestions welcome!

ozarkian

Anything you do is going to have the same problems until you support the floor pan. Here's a weird idea.... drill holes in the floor pan where there are voids and use the Great Stuff foam in a spray can. Stick in the nozzle and pump till you should stop. There are different expansion rate foams available. So think it through first. Then maybe cover with an epoxy resin. I believe there are ways to color it and you will have to protect the drain hole. Otherwise you may have to rip it out and get a replacement.

I did a quick google search with this string> rv bath toilet pan replacement Many hits.

Mikolia69

Anything you do is going to have the same problems until you support the floor pan. Here's a weird idea.... drill holes in the floor pan where there are voids and use the Great Stuff foam in a spray can. Stick in the nozzle and pump till you should stop. There are different expansion rate foams available. So think it through first. Then maybe cover with an epoxy resin. I believe there are ways to color it and you will have to protect the drain hole. Otherwise you may have to rip it out and get a replacement.

I did a quick google search with this string> rv bath toilet pan replacement Many hits.
The foam idea is good and I thought of it too but the problem is that underneath the basin it is a wide open space, so the foam will just spread out. If I can find a replacement basin, I will reinforce the base before installing.

I haven't been able to find an exact replacement basin. Anyone else ever have to replace the basin and if so, which one did you buy?

Moosebutt

Hey what model you have I have VCM.
Mypan cracked in the back corner before but the patch broke off. I have pan out. It was not fun but needed you have to remove the faucet and box and the showhead mount slowly take take the wall liner off it has 2 sided tape around it sides and back go very slow work it off . Then you can remove the pan. It a few hours work. As I'm not small guy in the small space.
I glued it with some special ABS Super Glue that you put on top little plastic dust pieces. It harded in 8 seconds you have be fast. One time job. It looks better. It's stronger now but don't what to do the job again. I may do Marine tex it too.
So I ORDERED a pan 24"x32" left hand drain. but it not as deep. It only comes in white.

Not sure as I have too build the stand taller for it.

The troubles are the corners they have no support on the. I will sprayfoam the corners and sides before putting it back in..

This photo is of the new pan. I have other photos of it out too.

Let know it you need some info.

Good luck
Moosebutt

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

lance_k

looks good! I have cracked my shower wall and know this probably will be coming for me. thanks for sharing.

Mikolia69

I have a vista cruiser MB 24. It is different that the one pictured. It has the toilet mounted with the basin. I reached out to a place that said they could get me what I needed, just have to send them some photos and measurements. Ill post info once I get back in touch with them.

Top Bottom