Hitch Mount Ski Rack

kylecm

Good morning,

I have looked at Yakima and Thule for a hitch mount ski rack (yes as in winter alpine skis). Both of them have tower racks that should work. Here is my dilemma, there is a ton of movement at the back end of RVs. This is why companies like Kuat state that you should not use their racks on RVs.

Anyone have any experience with a hitch mounted ski rack? if so which one did you use?

Thanks

Chuck

kylecm

Found a possible option. Yakima makes a RV compatible bike rack called the Roadtrip. Yes I know I asked about a ski rack. They also make an item called the Hitchski that fits on the bike rack. I am going to try it out this weekend. Will post pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the Thule 2" swing away. Worked great with bikes, hung a little low. Their ski adapter would work fine. Understand that your skis will be extremely dirty. Think about how muck dirtier the back of your van gets than anywhere else.

kylecm

Found a possible option. Yakima makes a RV compatible bike rack called the Roadtrip. Yes I know I asked about a ski rack. They also make an item called the Hitchski that fits on the bike rack. I am going to try it out this weekend. Will post pictures.

kylecm

I had the Thule 2" swing away. Worked great with bikes, hung a little low. Their ski adapter would work fine. Understand that your skis will be extremely dirty. Think about how muck dirtier the back of your van gets than anywhere else.
That was one of my concerns. RIght now we are putting the skis in and out of the shower. Making a mess of water everywhere. The main reason we decided to go with transporting them outside.

Top Bottom