Hitch install. 2016

Do I need to go to a dealer to install a hitch on my 2016 sprinter with the step bumper? Is there anything complicated that a normal mechanic or UHaul store can’t do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sprinterPaul

Hitch install.

Do I need to go to a dealer to install a hitch on my 2016 sprinter with the step bumper? Is there anything complicated that a normal mechanic or UHaul store can’t do?

What hitch are you installing? The curt hitch can be installed pretty easily. About 30 minutes. Kinda heavy so two people helps. But I did it myself. It's like 6 bolts. Just heavy and awkward solo.

If you are using a factory hitch and want all the wiring for towing it may be more complicated.

GSWatson

2013 144
Re: Hitch install.

I also did the curt hitch myself;it’s heavy so it’s awkward for one- I made a quick cradle to hold it while I did the bolts.

E-trailer has a good video on installing the hitch and the wiring.

Actually the lighting is what I’m talking about. The hitch itself is pretty easily bolted on but I wasn’t sure if there were any troll hidden in the wiring that required specialized knowledge.

powbass

I have a 2014 cargo van. Had a factory wiring loom installed for the trailer hitch. The installer could not get it to work. Had to go to the dealer, (in denver)who sent an e-mail to the factory in Germany to obtain a code for the vans computer.Took all day to get the response from Germany,
cost 1hr showtime.:cheers:

Top Bottom