Sprinter vs. Crafter

Ed463

It's a lot shorter than saying "turn left in 328 intervals of 30.4 centimeters." :tongue:

Perhaps a better conversion would be to say "turn left in about one football pitch." :lol:
No need to worry. After March 29th any "foreign" units of measurement are to be banned.
We'll return to feet. Which aren't really feet. They are 4 palms and 12 thumbs:lol::lol:

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
Midwestdrifter, I thought I read a few years ago that the 4wd Crafters had lockers front and rear. Wouldn't that work for our TiN Sprinters without too much alteration? I know nothing, but am

enjoying reading about your journey to 4wd. Thanks.
T1N sprinters did have a locking rear diff option from the factory as part of the Oberaigner 4x4 conversion. I would guess VW had a similar option on the crafter. Note that though the crafter shares much of its body and interior with the sprinter, the drivetrain is significantly different, including the rear axle. Though its likely possible to retrofit a crafter axle to the sprinter.

Ed463

Eat your heart out OM642 owners:lol:

Running around (very sedately) around southern Italy with a virtually empty van and it's doing great on fuel. The VAG 2.0TDi is a nice smooth and refined engine. Pretty gutless until the turbo gets going and compared to my OM642 Sprinter it's got a pretty narrow sweet spot.
But it's averaging 37mpg with some crazy highs. The trip computer is remarkably accurate when compared brim to brim over the past 2000 miles or so.
The average speed was very low this morning as I was sat in traffic for quite some time.
Imperial gallons of course:tongue:

Attachments

simond

I had a Crafter in 2007 and suffered engine and driveline issues from almost the start.
Intermittent engine management lights were eventually traced to a nicked wire deep inside the loom where it runs across the engine.

I never found out why it needed two manual gearboxes over the next four years or why the prop centre bearing gave up at 60k. The VW garages in the uk simply don’t understand what a vehicle off road means to a business. Their dealer network are children compared to Mercedes.

I went onto a 2011 Merc 316 auto and had no engine or driveline issues over the 100,000 m.

Snapped two road springs though due to running it at 4 tons gross.

I’ve now got a 519 w907 and can only respect your fuel consumption! Some of the time I get half of that!

Top Bottom