Schumacher, Phoenix, Arizona (Dealership)

Rating

• Total voters

gww7576

In for the Roadtrek brake-line recall and Paul Olsen, Schumacher service manager, was checking me in. He passed the hood and said "I smell diesel." I smelled nothing but said "fix it and call me." Turned out to be a small leak from a broken o-ring in the vapor catch hose on the fuel filter. Now I'm impressed. :cheers:

gww7576

Re: SCHUMACHER EUROPEAN, LTD (MB) - Scottsdale, AZ.

Bought our '08 RS used from "Sprinter Joe" at Schumacher in 2010 after buying 4 other MB vehicles there. Been great to work with, especially Paul and John Cummins who is also a Sprinter service writer. Great on the Sprinter chassis, reluctant to touch coach items. Don't miss the free Starbucks and donuts!

Davydd

I had emergency converter (not MB) warranty service done there on my Advanced RV. Advanced RV made the arrangements per my travel schedule and shipped them the parts and instructions. I arrived at 9:00 AM and was out by 11:30 AM. Fast on time service done on equipment they probably had never seen before. What more could you ask? Free coffee and snacks? Yes, we got that too.

JeremyW

Hello, am interested if anyone has had positive success with the older T1N's at this service department? Are there any known outstanding independent shops in the Phoenix metro area? Please and thank you!

JeremyW

Call them first.
Yes, I did speak with them and have an appointment for Thursday. They told me they have one tech on staff who is familiar with T1Ns and that the majority of their sprinter service is newer models. Will see how it goes later this week. Am local to Phoenix and also exploring a couple leads for a reputable independent shop.

Last edited:

JeremyW

Update: I took my 2006 3500 into this dealership for an alignment and inspection. Alignment was $300 ($80-$120 at other local shops). I agreed because the vehicle is new to me and they told me they would include a "full inspection" and have me out in 2 hours. About an hour into waiting I was told by Kate the service rep that their inspection is visual only and if I wanted it scanned for codes the cost for that would be an additional $165. I reminded her that she had said she would include a "full inspection" and that I find it troubling that an OBD scan isn't included by default in an inspection. She held to the $165 and I just couldn't justify that fee for a scan when it was already on the rack. I was then told my intercooler hose is leaking on the driver's side and they could replace the hose with parts and labor for $715. For about $100 in parts an 1-2 hours of my time I'll happy do that at home. In the end I sat at the dealership today for 5 hours to get a $300 alignment and an overall poor customer service interaction. Maybe it was a fluke or perhaps my 2006 just wasn't new a nice enough to be given the same Mercedes experience other members of this forum have expressed. I am not planning on returning to this location and after experiencing first hand the price hikes will only go to the dealership as an absolute last resort.

Top Bottom