Post picture of your control panel

ZIGGYK

Hi!
I was wondering how you design/build your Sprinter Rv control panel. It took me a while to build mine, and I do not like my switches discription written using p-touch white label.

Attachments

Control unit houses inverter, battery separator relay, Arduino-controlled low-loltage alarm and disconnect, voltage and Hall-effect current sensors, data logging through USB to van PC. And too many wires. The Arduino circuit was an experiment that worked great over the last 4K miles.

Attachments

Gulf SV

Kevin Burns
Try eDecals.com. Talk to them , and they can probably print out all your labels on one sheet in whatever font and color you'd like. You look to have way too much time and effort in that for cheap looking labels.

An example.

fuel_door.jpg

bc339

Wow. It looks just fine to me. I think a 727 cockpit has less instrumentation. :bounce: vic
Almost...
A few pictures of my office for the past 31 years.

Great setup, ZIGGYK.
Another method is to go to a shop that does custom engraving on plaques and trophies. There are plastic sheets that have two layers of colors. For instance, top layer is black, next layer is white (or reverse). Engrave lettering through top layer, cuts through and exposing next color. Leaves a nice, professional panel. It will take a little setup, but nice results.

Bruce

Attachments

NBB

I would like to see other photos of ZIGGYK's rig!

treehouselab - the breadboard - is this a kit - from where - or your own design? It doesn't look like the Arduino pictures I see online. I assume this is the USB connection to your laptop? It sounds interesting. Could you tell us more?

Last edited:

ZIGGYK

bc 339 , I know about sheet of plastic with second layer white. They tried to charge me $250 for panel like that. Mine cost $30. I just found P-touch sells black lablel with gold letters, that will look much better.
Here is one mor pix of my 2 1/2 years of work.
treehouselab -Nice work. I like nice clean finish

Attachments

Last edited:

NBB

ZIGGYK - that is just amazing. Was this your first conversion, or did you work in this area before, related hobbies? There is just a ton of design and craftsmanship knowledge in that photo that doesn't come quickly. I have a ways to go!

Both of you guys have some skills!

RV section write-ups?

ZIGGYK

NBB
Thank you for compliment.
This is my first conversion. I did not work in similar area. I am industrial mechanic with welding, machining, electrical ,fabricating skills. All the other trades like woodworking, upholstery itc, I had to learn my self. Books were very helpful and some youtube woodworking tips. There are some books avialable for Rv service which I found most usable; propane, pluming, electrical , each separate book.
If I can help in any way just ask.

bc339

bc 339 , I know about sheet of plastic with second layer white. They tried to charge me $250 for panel like that. Mine cost $30. I just found P-touch sells black lablel with gold letters, that will look much better.
Here is one mor pix of my 2 1/2 years of work.
Beutiful work, ZIGGYK! I agree - $250 is way too much. I had some custom labels and placards made recently from double layer plastic. It's available in just about any color at a local engraving shop. They charged a few dollars per plate. Seems like a small panel like yours should be a lot more reasonably priced.
Here's a site that did the same kind of work I had done: http://www.plastic-tags.com/index.php

Bruce

ZIGGYK

bc339
Those plates are very reasonably price and lots of colors to choose , I will consider that.
Thank you

georgetg

2005 140" low roof
Almost...
A few pictures of my office for the past 31 years.

Great setup, ZIGGYK.
Another method is to go to a shop that does custom engraving on plaques and trophies. There are plastic sheets that have two layers of colors. For instance, top layer is black, next layer is white (or reverse). Engrave lettering through top layer, cuts through and exposing next color. Leaves a nice, professional panel. It will take a little setup, but nice results.

Bruce
C-5 Gotta love it, the FE gets better gear than the guys up front ;-)
It takes a real plane to make a Maddog look "modern" ;-)

Cheers
George

Top Bottom