Diesel tuner in brisbane

whambulance

Anyone had a decent tune done in the Brisbane area? Looking for someone who can do a professional job on an om642
Cheers

Eric Experience

Wham.
You do not tune computer controlled engines, that is done in production. What is the problem you are trying to solve? Eric.

whambulance

Wham.
You do not tune computer controlled engines, that is done in production. What is the problem you are trying to solve? Eric.
Okay, maybe my lingo is not right, maybe it's a remap... but people here seem to rave about the "GDE tune" in the states...
I want more bang (hp) much less egr (delete) and much less dpf (delete)
But shhhhhh I don't want to start an emissions argument here :-p

whambulance

I looked at modules like the steinbauer chip but they seem way to pricey for something that only does half of what I want on an engine with 275xxx ks

owner

Oz '03 316CDI LWB ex-Ambo Patient Transport
EGR and DPF deletes are sensible things to do on a high mileage vehicle like that. I think its better to keep it on the road doing its job, rather than scrapping the whole van just because some expensive emissions gear has failed. I dont know of anyone doing them here in Oz. Apparently its not a simple flash through the OBD port, it requires a BDM flash which means taking the ECU apart. One option would be to send your ECU to a company in the UK.

Increasing the power isnt a sensible option on a high mileage van. The engines in the sprinter are usually derated compared to the same engine in cars. This isnt because they want you to accelerate slower than cars. Its because the transmission cannot withstand high torque when it is constantly pulling against a big heavy van.

Banjo48

Look up ECU West, unsure if he does MB's but very switched on guy, knows his product well.

He's in WA but does do a mail in out service too I think.

He did an Isuzu NPR truck for me and the difference was amazing, dpf,egr del. Far cheaper than a steinbauer chip too.

https://ecuwest.com.au/

whambulance

I thought I'd answer my own question.
So after hunting a while I went direct to the source. They informed me GDE does actually offer their products in Australia via Murchison Products in Brisbane. They mainly deal with Jeeps, but helped out enormously with the sprinter. They can mail it as well, but I went in person.

The eco tune makes a huge difference to driveability, and I'd highly recommend it. Only time will tell if it does any damage to the old girl, but for now it runs better than ever.
The great thing is being able to swap between stock parameters or modified, should I chose.

owner

Did you get those, ahem, things ,ahem, deleted? If so did they have to take your ECU out to do it?

Perce

Hi Whambulance, can you elaborate on the improvements to your sprinter, and the cost of the upgrade. I’m looking for the same result.

whambulance

OK, so I didn't end up getting those things deleted. I asked for it, but upon physical removal of exhaust ahem thing and sensors and bolting in a straight pipe it threw all sorts of codes, had to reinstall the *ahem* thing.
I sent GDE an email, because I specifically asked for the delete to be included. They have not replied yet, which is unusual.
The tech I was dealing with in brisbane was on holidays, so I'll have to wait for the till after Easter to get him to chase it down for me.

No removal of computer required. Just plug in the flash tool, boot it up and bobs ya uncle. An ape could do it, really, it was very, very easy.

As for improvements?
I feel like it's smoother, tons more powerful, shifts more appropriately, very little lag and a huge difference in fuel consumption... The website for green diesel boasts a 2-4mpg increase, this is definitely not an exaggeration.
There is more engine noise, you can definitely hear the turbo a bit more... But hey, that's a nice thing :)

owner

Keep us updated. The reason for the interest is that I have read elsewhere that the *thing* that starts with D can only be deleted by cracking open the ECU and BDM flashing it, because it is in a different inaccessible area of the flash memory. I would dearly love this to not be the case.

The *thing* starting with E can be mapped to zero using the standard OBD methods, but if you are deleting the D* then you may as well delete the E* fully using the same BDM method.

Top Bottom