Central Locking issue

lukegibbs

Can anyone help please, my sprinter 315 seems to have a central locking issue I have just had a engine rebuild and ECU flashed back to factory settings, the van was stood round for months prior to engine build, the issue is when you lock the whole van then pull the rear door handle it unlocks the whole van. Any ideas anyone, thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone help please, my sprinter 315 seems to have a central locking issue I have just had a engine rebuild and ECU flashed back to factory settings, the van was stood round for months prior to engine build, the issue is when you lock the whole van then pull the rear door handle it unlocks the whole van. Any ideas anyone, thanks in advance

:idunno:

What year Sprinter?

If a T1N, my suggestion would be to inspect/clean the contact pins on the rear doors. There might be a connection problem.

:cheers: vic

lukegibbs

Cheers might be the door cat has the key won’t spin all way to push rod down

autostaretx

Erratic Member
I'd guess that the door may be miswired in a way that has the door's "unlock" being seen as a "lock" command.

..and since the rear door is now ajar, that causes the Sprinter to do its typical lock/unlock cycle?

You can get into that mis-wired state by mixing up which wire goes to which spring pin on the door or frame, and/or by having one of the wires simply fall off its contact.

You didn't say, but i assume the sliding door is NOT causing this ... and is the symptom the same if you use the inner handle?
What happens if you simply pull UP the rear door's lock button (from the inside)?
(this is to separate the lock/unlock operation from the "open door" operation)

--dick

I recently found my side door does not always unlock with the fob or the inside dash button, and I have to reach in from the passenger door to use the inside handle. That it works sometimes and not, is a mystery. Not a big deal, but it is a new wrinkle. Thanks to all here.

lukegibbs

Thanks for reply’s I think it’s the rear door (barn door) catch as when I put key in the lock and try to lock the door it will not turn if I disconnect the power from the catch the rest of doors work fine

Top Bottom