MB of Raleigh - 5 stars

Mike DZ

2016 View 24V (2015 3500)
Kudos to MB of Raleigh (AKA Leith MB) especially Shawn, technician and Nikki, service writer. There were probably other people involved at the dealership, but I did not have contact with them.

Had the wheel speed sensor trifecta of ESP, ABS and cruise control light up at 65 mph on I-95. Based on my previous experience, which was wind gust related, I stopped at a rest stop and shut off and restarted. Lights did not go away. I shutdown again and pulled the battery ground cable at the foot feed and left it off for hours and when reconnected there was no change. Again, based on previous experience and reading that I have done here, I decided to drive it and see if the lights would go away. No such luck. Instead the transmission would not upshift, so I ended up on the ramp leaving the rest area on I-95 near Fayetteville, NC.

I called MB roadside assistance and after a horrendous debacle I finally got a tow truck that could tow the Sprinter based MH to MB of Raleigh 1 & 15 minutes away. I was originally slotted against MB of Fayetteville, but they stated that they could only handle vehicles 10ft 6 inch and under, as they have an older facility.

Finally arrived at MB of Raleigh just before 1600, Nikki was reluctant to promise a quick fix, but she had Shawn meet me where the tow truck was dropping the MH in the lot and he took it from there. Shawn and I discussed the symptoms and he stated it was likely a wheel speed sensor and he would fix it that day, if parts were on hand.

Turned out that we had 2 bad rear wheel speed sensors and parts were on hand so we got back on the road shortly before 1800.

Shawn was great to work with – enthusiastic, well spoken, and appeared to know what he was doing. The fix he did has held up for today's driving with no return of the trifecta of lights, so I am thinking he got it right.

So, I showed up late in the day, without appointment (although I called earlier), with a barely driveable vehicle and it was diagnosed and fixed in less than two hours.

Last edited:

Winterbagoal

2018 Winnebago Navion 24V on a 2017 Cab Chassis
Always good to hear a positive service experience, with details, to tuck away in the memory banks for future reference.:thumbup:

Top Bottom