A new View 2019 Vs 2020

DKDaniels

There is a new 2019 View by me listed for 145k on sale for 110K. I asked for about 5K of of add ons which was agreed on. After sleeping on it I called the salesman up and said I really wanted the 2020 which comes with lane assist and and slows down on it's own when appoching a vehicle when in cruse control. The tankless water heater was also what I wanted that's not on one the 2019. My son's new house has an induction stove and at first I didn't like it but now see how great they are where his boils water in less than 2 minutes.

My dealer says they'll get the 2020s in November but we didn't talk price. I can't believe how much of a markup there is. What kind of price do you think I can get a new one for and do you think I'll have to wait until the 2021s start coming before I can get a discount like the 2019 I could have gotten?

One last Item where I was thinking putting 90K down and financing the rest. I see the usual rate is 6.5 %. Should I just pay it off or do you think I can get a better rate somewhere else?

Thanks for any feedback

DKDaniels

David Binkley

Chicken Legs
There is a new 2019 View by me listed for 145k on sale for 110K. I asked for about 5K of of add ons which was agreed on. After sleeping on it I called the salesman up and said I really wanted the 2020 which comes with lane assist and and slows down on it's own when appoching a vehicle when in cruse control. The tankless water heater was also what I wanted that's not on one the 2019. My son's new house has an induction stove and at first I didn't like it but now see how great they are where his boils water in less than 2 minutes.

My dealer says they'll get the 2020s in November but we didn't talk price. I can't believe how much of a markup there is. What kind of price do you think I can get a new one for and do you think I'll have to wait until the 2021s start coming before I can get a discount like the 2019 I could have gotten?

One last Item where I was thinking putting 90K down and financing the rest. I see the usual rate is 6.5 %. Should I just pay it off or do you think I can get a better rate somewhere else?

Thanks for any feedback

DKDaniels

Hey DK...

We are sort of kind of in the same boat...looking at a new View or a LTV Unity.

To answer your questions:

1. You should be right around $120,000, give or take a couple of thousand, on a 2020 View. Dealers are trying their best to get rid of the remaining 2019s for several reasons. I would go with a 2020 and, yes, you will have to wait quite a while for much more of a discount. I think they are dealing even more than they normally would on the leftover 2019s. There is a reason for that...

2. Pay cash if at all possible. The interest you would pay on even the $30k or so left is a complete waste of money, even if rates are relatively low right now. That is just my opinion and I am sure others may disagree.

We like both the View and the LTV but it appears to be coming down to a factory quality control issue, especially for me wife. She has looked up some pretty horrific issues with the WGO, especially newer ones. LTV is pretty solidly built all around...and we owned one before and were very happy with it. But, the WGO has that big slide and a nice interior look. So now if the designers and the manufacturing people could get on the same page!

One last thing: On the WGO, auto levelers are not a factory option, if you are into that sort of thing. And from what I can gather, neither is the Lithium upgrade. That is a kit that is used after the coach is delivered to the dealer...at least that is what I can decipher.

Good luck.

Hosh

Navion 2018 24J
I’d target 30% off list, maybe more since it’s a model year transition. We got 28% off MSRP on our 2018.

Anyone who thinks manufacturing quality control is pretty solid is fooling themselves regardless of manufacturer. They are rolling houses with 10,000 opportunities for failures. You’ll need to be handy or have a fat check book.

HWH is close to the WBGO factory. Our dealer arranged transportation after completion and HWH installed the levelers. Saved a couple of K.

Compressor fridge and induction cooktop will have you tethered to an electrical box, if that’s your thing.

Home equity line of credit is an option, tax deductible

David Binkley

Chicken Legs
I’d target 30% off list, maybe more since it’s a model year transition. We got 28% off MSRP on our 2018.

Anyone who thinks manufacturing quality control is pretty solid is fooling themselves regardless of manufacturer. They are rolling houses with 10,000 opportunities for failures. You’ll need to be handy or have a fat check book.

HWH is close to the WBGO factory. Our dealer arranged transportation after completion and HWH installed the levelers. Saved a couple of K.

Compressor fridge and induction cooktop will have you tethered to an electrical box, if that’s your thing.

Home equity line of credit is an option, tax deductible
I agree for the most part. I understand they can all have issues but LTV seem to have fewer than others.

Fit and finish is a factory quality control issue in my opinion. When you see a brand new coach, no matter the size, that has pieces missing, large gaps in woodwork, cabinet doors falling off, seals coming unglued, etc. in plain sight and/or on the dealer's lot, that is something that should have been rectified long before it gets to the lot.

There are plenty of WGO owners out there who have had some pretty serious issues with brand new coaches. www.pissedoffconsumer.com is always a fun read.

I am not saying LTVs don't have any issues, they do. But not as many as most.

And a Home Equity Line is also a good choice. But if you don't want payments or, from what I know, itemize your deductions, pay cash and invest the interest that you save in another way. Check with your tax professional!

Geriakt

2017 View 24J
I bought my 2017 View 24j for $79,000 brand new when the 2018s were coming out. I have to agree I like the 2020 View design but the Murphy bed design is much nicer in the LTV. The 2019-2020 MB cab dash, seats and options are much nicer as well as a better transmission. I would imagine the MB infotainment and GPS is much nicer and works as compared to the crappy Xcite GPS. Having the adaptive cruise control would be a big plus. Sorry still no side blind spot avoidance as you still need to add after market options with the wider body.
The new View is still lacking in battery compacity & solar if you plan dry camp with the compressor fridge. You will still need to upgrade to LiFePo4 batteries and a 3000 watt inverter. Don't waste your money on the crap solar panels and PWM chargers in both the Winnebago and LTV. Install your own glass panels and MPPT. LTV allows you to have your van built with or without your options, but then you need to know how too or pay someone for the upgrades.
Even new LTV owners are taking out the 2000 watt inverter and replacing with a 3000 watt Victron.

jtronowsky

I bought a new 2019 View, V model, off a dealer lot in California in March, 2019 and got 31% off MSRP, without any negotiation. With some work, I got $2k more on my trade than was initially offered, and received the dealer buy rate on the interest finance charge. ( I do have an 820 FICO score, which did help of course) so, yes I agree, there is definitely an incentive to move existing 2019 View/Navion models, especially now that the 2020 is in full view, and has some initial deliveries, which wasn't the case in March (although dealers knew what was coming by that time).

billbo

I would only say that I have reservations about the EverChill 10cuft compressor fridge they are putting in the 2020 View. It might be better than a Norcold DE0061 but it still is not a known quality unit like the Isotherm 195 or larger dual compressor unit. I would say plan on replacing that Chinese thing with an Isotherm or something else but you can make your own decision and surf the net for reviews of owners who have them installed in other rigs. The company lists two addresses, one in China and one in the US, if it matters but there are already telling reviews. One thing is you can buy that unit for $800 to $1000 vs around $2000 for the Isotherm or other quality brand compressor 12Volt unit. Complaints from owners in SOB rigs may be power related as well and with that thought - plan on the lithium pack if you want to dry camp and some solar work. Since buying our 18V24D the very first thing I think about is the refrigerator - does it work, how long, what temps, power source adequate. With my experience on our View I give WGO failing marks on all counts. Second thing would be the bed, is it comfortable and can I sleep on it. Then you go down the list of RV "stuff". I am glad they dumped the circular rope overhead led lights - don't like them. The Sprinter side looks good, lot of tech improvements.

David Binkley

Chicken Legs
I posted this on IRV2 and thought I would share it here...Never thought I would consider a WBGO but it looks as though I am:

Just got lucky and saw the very first 2020 View to come into Camping World. Still had schmushed bugs on the front end. Just happen to be driving by and it caught my eye.

Anyway, I have to be honest: I did my best to give it a very quick inspection regarding fit and finish. Was trying hard to find problems, poor workmanship or anything else.

In the end, even though I found a few minor issues (loose screw, greasy spots and a small tear in the vinyl above the cab area, it sure looked very nice.

Everything worked.

Cabinets, Murphy Bed, Compressor fridge, etc. all worked great.

Really dislike the plastic shower surrounds all these RV manufacturers use. Acrylic would be better but so it goes.

When slide is closed still easy to get around, use bathroom, decent access to large refrigerator and three sleeping options.

Plenty of interior storage makes up for the average exterior storage.

I think we are going to order one up...then you will hear the rest of the story.

Will be adding auto levelers, hard wired surge protector and maybe the lithium upgrade...maybe another solar panel.

Will hopefully hold up...we shall see.

Anyway, that is the latest.

Winterbagoal

2018 Winnebago Navion 24V on a 2017 Cab Chassis
I posted this on IRV2 and thought I would share it here...Never thought I would consider a WBGO but it looks as though I am:

Just got lucky and saw the very first 2020 View to come into Camping World. Still had schmushed bugs on the front end. Just happen to be driving by and it caught my eye.

Anyway, I have to be honest: I did my best to give it a very quick inspection regarding fit and finish. Was trying hard to find problems, poor workmanship or anything else.

In the end, even though I found a few minor issues (loose screw, greasy spots and a small tear in the vinyl above the cab area, it sure looked very nice.

Everything worked.

Cabinets, Murphy Bed, Compressor fridge, etc. all worked great.

Really dislike the plastic shower surrounds all these RV manufacturers use. Acrylic would be better but so it goes.

When slide is closed still easy to get around, use bathroom, decent access to large refrigerator and three sleeping options.

Plenty of interior storage makes up for the average exterior storage.

I think we are going to order one up...then you will hear the rest of the story.

Will be adding auto levelers, hard wired surge protector and maybe the lithium upgrade...maybe another solar panel.

Will hopefully hold up...we shall see.

Anyway, that is the latest.
We had thought we wanted to trade up to a 2020 Navion 24V, loved all the upgrades they've added as standard equipment, except the cab over. It isn't optional, and we don't want one. So, we wait until Winnebago gets over their forced "super sleeper" bunky euphoria, and makes it optional.
The only thing you might consider on your options list is using a portable EMS surge protector. They do wear out when called into action often enough (no one hopes for that, but it happens) and replacing a permanently mounted one that has reached it's end of life might be a pita you don't want or need. Unplugging an expired portable, to replace it, is probably easier.
:2cents:
Good luck with it, either way.

p.s. Agree with Hosh on CW.

David Binkley

Chicken Legs
Dude, I won’t buy toilet paper from Camping World.
I am not buying it from them but they actually had one I could see here locally.

Their price was way out of wack with the competition so will be purchasing elsewhere.

However, I would buy toilet paper from them...if it is on sale.

David Binkley

Chicken Legs
We had thought we wanted to trade up to a 2020 Navion 24V, loved all the upgrades they've added as standard equipment, except the cab over. It isn't optional, and we don't want one. So, we wait until Winnebago gets over their forced "super sleeper" bunky euphoria, and makes it optional.
The only thing you might consider on your options list is using a portable EMS surge protector. They do wear out when called into action often enough (no one hopes for that, but it happens) and replacing a permanently mounted one that has reached it's end of life might be a pita you don't want or need. Unplugging an expired portable, to replace it, is probably easier.
:2cents:
Good luck with it, either way.

p.s. Agree with Hosh on CW.
Hey Mike...good to know about the surge protector. I was considering having one hard wired into the coach but now I may pass on that and just get a high quality portable one. Makes sense.

And, yes, Hosh is right. CW was over $20K more than the competition and I even told him to be realistic because I have done my homework on pricing. That is a huge difference and I suppose if some schlup walks in with no knowledge of pricing they will take him for a ride.

The local CW here gives absolutely no attention to detail and their service department is mediocre at best.

Many other places to spend my money.

My wife and I thought about trading our 2016 Navion 24J for a new 2020 to get the new chassis and cabin features. However we dry camp a fair amount and my research tells me the compressor refrigerator would need significant solar and battery upgrade to deal with dry camping. Plus we're concerned about the noise of a compressor refrigerator, especially in such a small motorhome. I contacted Winnebago and asked if the older style AC/Propane/12v refrigerator was an option on the 2020 units. They said "no". That's a deal breaker for us.

Winterbagoal

My wife and I thought about trading our 2016 Navion 24J for a new 2020 to get the new chassis and cabin features. However we dry camp a fair amount and my research tells me the compressor refrigerator would need significant solar and battery upgrade to deal with dry camping. Plus we're concerned about the noise of a compressor refrigerator, especially in such a small motorhome. I contacted Winnebago and asked if the older style AC/Propane/12v refrigerator was an option on the 2020 units. They said "no". That's a deal breaker for us.
How much would it cost to retrofit a 3-way fridge into the 2020? For the kind of scratch you're talking for a 2020 model, why not just pull the compressor fridge if you don't want it, and install what you want after the fact? Wait until the one year warranty runs out on everything, and then get what you desire, if warranties matter? If I could remove the "super sleeper" beluga whale forehead without doing major structural damage, I'd probably get a 2020 myself, but that's not possible. Replacing one type of fridge with another type can be done much more easily. Plenty of posts on the forums about doing it.

billbo

Retrofit a two or three way refrigerator in a new model View? Well, it there had been any reasonable way to do it I probably would be reporting the story in our rig. OK, first external vent - ouch, right next to the Truma but could be done with a good body shop. Then a roof vent - ouchee bad - the 3 port solar connector and panels sit directly above where that should be. Running the LP and other power would be fairly easy to do though. Considering all the options I would put in the Isotherm 195 and Battle Born batteries and get the solar fixed up to par. Only unplanned financial hurdles have stopped me so far in that quest. They will pass and it will probably happen although the little DE0061 is working just fine I would really like to know our food was in the Isotherm.

Winterbagoal

Retrofit a two or three way refrigerator in a new model View? Well, it there had been any reasonable way to do it I probably would be reporting the story in our rig. OK, first external vent - ouch, right next to the Truma but could be done with a good body shop. Then a roof vent - ouchee bad - the 3 port solar connector and panels sit directly above where that should be. Running the LP and other power would be fairly easy to do though. Considering all the options I would put in the Isotherm 195 and Battle Born batteries and get the solar fixed up to par. Only unplanned financial hurdles have stopped me so far in that quest. They will pass and it will probably happen although the little DE0061 is working just fine I would really like to know our food was in the Isotherm.
Point was that if a 3way fridge is the only thing stopping you from upgrading, why not spend the money and get one installed? Anyone who can afford one of these things can afford to swap in a fridge that they want if that's the only show stopper. I am completely satisfied with my DC0061 all DC model, and it's been running fine off the factory NAPA 8240s and my 3 solar panels while off grid. Lithium will happen when the factory jars fail.
Too bad you haven't got a fix for that ugly cab over bed that isn't optional.

billbo

Point was that if a 3way fridge is the only thing stopping you from upgrading, why not spend the money and get one installed? Anyone who can afford one of these things can afford to swap in a fridge that they want if that's the only show stopper. I am completely satisfied with my DC0061 all DC model, and it's been running fine off the factory NAPA 8240s and my 3 solar panels while off grid. Lithium will happen when the factory jars fail.
Too bad you haven't got a fix for that ugly cab over bed that isn't optional.
OK, there you go putting down my beautiful buffalo hump! I admit preference would have been without it but it's there. Who knows, maybe someday I will let a little grand kid sleep up there but so far haven't seen much use for it except storage. On a really cool night it does sleep better than the wooden slats in the murphy and I really did sleep better there - but only on a cool night.:tongue: I will admit to a nagging thought about rolling off the darned thing though - probably would end my RV travel for good. With that thought the grand kid only as punishment for being rowdy or whatever.

Winterbagoal

OK, there you go putting down my beautiful buffalo hump! I admit preference would have been without it but it's there. Who knows, maybe someday I will let a little grand kid sleep up there but so far haven't seen much use for it except storage. On a really cool night it does sleep better than the wooden slats in the murphy and I really did sleep better there - but only on a cool night.:tongue: I will admit to a nagging thought about rolling off the darned thing though - probably would end my RV travel for good. With that thought the grand kid only as punishment for being rowdy or whatever.
We like the "wedge" shaped nose without the cab over to lessen the drag, and it would have wound up being an "attic" where we would have tossed stuff we would have otherwise left behind or not acquired in the first place, adding unnecessary weight. We decided we wouldn't sleep up there under any circumstances, partly due to the possibility of falling.
Interestingly enough (to some), the cab over deletion in our 2018 only shed about 150 lbs of additional structural weight. I asked Winnebago Technical Support before we ordered our N24V, and they ran my question by the engineering folks to confirm the weight reduction. Not a lot really, but we knew they were OCCC "challenged" before we bought, and wanted to trim the fat wherever we could.
I can see the cab over bunk being more useful with the Murphy bed option, for short stopovers or naps. We went with the twin beds, and didn't think it added anything to our setup, besides weight.

When we bought our 2016 there were two body options. One with the "beluga" hump and the other with a more streamlined and lower cab over which was not a bed but cabinets for storage. We chose the "beluga" hump model for the additional storage when parked. No one will ever sleep there.

Hosh

Navion 2018 24J
The overhead bunk was a $400+ option on the 2018’s. We chose it mostly for extra sleeping capacity, grandkids, children, etc. I do think there’s a down side for resale without the option. The vast majority of units on the road have the cab over bunk, at least in my observations. WBGO standardized a high volume option, reducing manufacturing cost/complexity and still providing sleeping/storage capabilities. Most RVer’s are oblivious to OCCC ratings and I’d wager 98% of the Navion/Views on the road today are above the limits.

As far as effect on fuel mileage, the dealers say 1-2 mpg. Drive 12000 miles per year, save $150-300 per year, mouse nuts really. Eliminating drag from the large rear end is another matter

Top Bottom