Locking problem on 2014 Reyo

Electrified

We just acquired a 2014 Reyo 25Q and have discovered an odd issue with the electric locking system that operates both the house door and drivers side door. When you press lock on the key fob, it lock the house door but unlocks the driver’s door and vice verse when the unlock is pressed. The house door is correct and the driver’s door is the one that is opposite. Currently we are only locking the bus manually with a key because we can never lock it completely with the fob. Any ideas on where to start?

TJLee089

2013 Itasca Reyo 25R
A couple of thoughts:
1. If you can contact the previous owner, ask if it has always been this way. If so,
2. If so, the issue may be with the installation of the lock hardware or wiring.
3. If not, something may have gotten loose, shifted with the lock mechanism.

Electrified

We bought from a dealership so finding the previous owner might not be feasible. It only had 3500 miles on it and appeared to be unused so I am not sure if anyone noticed. I know that when the positive and negative wires are reversed on a 12v motor it will turn the opposite direction so I am wondering if something similar is going on with the locking mechanism.

TJLee089

2013 Itasca Reyo 25R
Reversing the wires makes sense since the solenoid needs to be powered in both directions, lock/unlock. Incorrect OEM installation would not surprise me.

Top Bottom