Bullseye Installation Details

imstilllarry

I had a link to these instructions that expired. I've had several requests to fix the old link but thought it would be good to just create another that will not expire and repost. Also to give an update of my experience using this system so far.

This link is documentation of my process to install Bullseye swing down electric automatic levelers. In the almost year and a half that I have been using these levelers I have to report that they work great. They deploy quickly and will level with one button push. The Sprinter frame is lower in the front by about 3" so it is common to lift the front tires off the ground to level. When the coach is setting on the levelers it is rock solid as if it is setting on the frame directly. I have to admit I now think levelers are a requirement and I won't have another RV without them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o4ysjvb6cxsugik/Bullseye Installation.pdf

One thing they don't do that I would like. A feature that I believe will be in the new Bullseye electronics coming shortly. The feature is a way to swing down the jacks and have them wait for me to place blocks under the pads before they start to extend, then have a way to continue the process of leveling. You can use block now but have to be careful to line them up so the legs will swing down and hit them squarely.

BTW, several of us installed this system on our Unity Sprinters about the same time. It would be interesting to hear from other on there experience as well. I know we all installed them differently. Some other installation might even be better.

Hey Larry,

About home much distance would you say exists between the front jacks and floor(ground) before the jacks start to extend down(after swing down)?

TStiles

2018 Unity CB
Larry,
Just placed an order for the new series of Bullseye levelers today (aluminum). Hope to see them sometime in the May timeframe

imstilllarry

Josh I’m guessing 4” to 5” both front and back.

TStiles the aluminum does sound awesome. I resently lost 100 pounds with Lithium batteries and would be nice to lose a bunch more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Gamma1966

2013 Chassis /14 Unity MB
ImStillLarry ... Your documentation on the installation does not provide the part numbers of the units you installed?
It would be nice if your could indicate where or from whom you purchased the electric levelers.

imstilllarry

They were purchased directly through Bullseye.

http://www.bullseyeleveling.com/

It’s a new system now but pricing was $2300 (negotiated by Scarecrow) for jacks, electronics, and shipping.

Back 21306-L (17" when retracted)

Front 21106-L (15" when retracted)

SSTraveler

2014 LTV Unity Murphy Bed
Bullseye should take installation design and instruction from you. Very nice job, sell your bracket design to Bullseye! Bullseye is very much behind Equalizer on marketing, delivery, and installation. Since they are right in the heart of RV manufacturers in Indiana they could pose a real threat to Equalizer, if they could get their act together. If one decided to drive to Indiana for a leveler system install having a choice of to quality systems and installation would be great. I would want the system that provides the best stabilization as well as leveling. For people with motion sickness or inner ear issues even the slightest rocking is unacceptable. I have been on the fringe of considering purchase but when Scarecrow reported his Equalizers still left the Unity "tipsy" that is a deal breaker for me.

Last edited:

IndyDick

2016 MB
This is a copy of a post from earlier this week.

I spoke with Alan at Bullseye Yestereday. As it turns out, I am located 60 miles from their offices. I expressed my interest in their system and mentioned this forum and the satisfaction of several users here. He mentioned their current system and I asked about the new developments. He talked about the aluminum based equaliizers and that they should be ready in April or May.
He talked about their experience with Dynamax. At this point I asked if he had access to a Unity. I got the impression they had not. I told him I had one in my driveway and he immediately offered to come down with his engineers and take a look. So that's how we left it. He is going to get back to me and set a time to come.
I also mentioned I was not interested in installing them myself and asked if they planned on doing installs in the future. Yes, I was told. Right now in their current facility they didn't have room. They have plans to move into a building that will allow them to do installs.
We didn't talked price per se. He did say their new aluminum system will be more than the current steel one.
I will keep the forum informed. In the meantime, if you are interested in one of their systems, mention it here. Maybe we can put together a group deal.
IndyDick is online now Report Post

TStiles

2018 Unity CB
Dick,
When I placed an order on Friday, Alan expressed enthusiasm over his ability to use your Unity for measurements. Thank you for supporting all of us through your contributions.

aarpskier

2017 LTV Unity FX
...I would want the system that provides the best stabilization as well as leveling. For people with motion sickness or inner ear issues even the slightest rocking is unacceptable. I have been on the fringe of considering purchase but when Scarecrow reported his Equalizers still left the Unity "tipsy" that is a deal breaker for me.
We have the Equalizer System levelers. I have not compared our unit to a Bullseye installation, but I would not describe our experience as anything close to "tipsy." We met two wonderful couples from Quebec at a state park in Florida this week, and spent a fun couple of hours touring each others' Unitys (2011 IB, 2014 CB and our 2017 FX). We had 4-5 adults in our unit, parked on a crushed stone pad. Several people specifically remarked at how stable the levelers made our unit.

Th3307

I installed the 15” Bullseye levelers on the front but wanted maximum lift. So I added two solid rubber pads to the bottom of each jack which increased the lift by 1.5 inches on the front. I can lift the front several inches off the ground when needed. Lifting the front is much safer than raising the rear with all its weight.

imstilllarry

I’ve thought about adding to the pad but haven’t yet. I think that could be a good solution.

Th3307

For some reason I cannot upload my iPhone photos here.
Not sure where I found the recycled rubber pads which I had to cut to see size.
Just look for something that will not compress. The layered pad concept will allow you to add/substract. Remember, the folding Bullseye jacks require additional space to fold down and depending on how they are mounted will determine if pads are even needed. I bolted my jacks directly to the frame and Imstilllarry installed brackets/spacers. Also, uneven ground surfaces require additional space for the jacks to fold down. Hope this helps!

IndyDick

2016 MB
I met with Alan from Bullseye today. He came down to my home to examine the Unity. He spent about a half hour crawling around under the coach and took several measurements.
Other than that, not much to report. He said he would like his engineering staff to look as well but right now they don't have a lift that will handle the Unity. He indicated they will be moving hopefully in the near future. They hope to have that capability then and plan of offering installation services as well.
Right now the brackets are being developed. The challenge is to have them completely bolt on with drilling or welding. They will offer the standard steel as well as aluminum. The aluminum is anticipated to be around 10% more. Should save 50 lbs.
The electrics are pretty much done. He said they have plans to offer either an App or a remote in the future.
Obviously all their installations up to now have been done by individuals such as imstillarry or a few dealers and a few independent shops. He mentioned one in South Dakota that had done a lot of them. It was indicated an installation should take around 4 hours.
Cost was briefly discussed. He is certainly willing to offer a group purchase situation as a cost saving. We'll talk more about that in the future as everything progresses.
Alan is a very nice gentleman. His company has been around about 15 years. I think they will be able to produce a very good product. I'm a little concerned about the timing. Maybe some of our users can chime in on this.
I'm going to take the coach to them when they are ready to handle it.

Before you take the plunge...Why don't you ask Alan how some(many) customers have been waiting for a year for their order and still have not received it?

Some people have been promised an April 16th date for their order. Still waiting...

TStiles

2018 Unity CB
Josh,
I echo your comment. The order that I placed a couple of weeks ago is fully contingent on their ability to ship NLT 4/1. I'm pulling for Alan, however will not be as patient as so many others have been. I have no doubt that it'll be a great final solution.

Top Bottom