4x4 sprinter issues

I have a 2015 4x4 sprinter with Hi-Lo when picking up new at the dealer we were given instructions on engaging the 4x4 it didn't go well . there was a loud metallic bang when attempting to engage 4x4 we were assured by the dealer this would break in with use.
He was right it did break, at 20,000 miles the transfer case was replaced under warranty
after the new transfer case was installed it engages effortlessly no banging etc. but about 80% of the time there is something binding in the system ? other times all looks good 4x4 engaged but no front wheel traction results i have been stuck with only the back wheels turning?
I live in Alaska and we have only 1 place that is 250 miles away that works on sprinters at present they are booked 1 month out so any suggestions would be great.

sanomechanic

I have a 2015 4x4 sprinter with Hi-Lo when picking up new at the dealer we were given instructions on engaging the 4x4 it didn't go well . there was a loud metallic bang when attempting to engage 4x4 we were assured by the dealer this would break in with use.
He was right it did break, at 20,000 miles the transfer case was replaced under warranty
after the new transfer case was installed it engages effortlessly no banging etc. but about 80% of the time there is something binding in the system ? other times all looks good 4x4 engaged but no front wheel traction results i have been stuck with only the back wheels turning?
I live in Alaska and we have only 1 place that is 250 miles away that works on sprinters at present they are booked 1 month out so any suggestions would be great.
Wrong forum

Top Bottom