What the trade is saying---Auto news (2nd Try)

flman

Roadrunner, Genius of Birds ALWAYS WINS! NO FAILS!
You are not doing a very good job of convincing Americans, (aka Trump supporters) that we like cheap, but keep on trying, you might even convince yourself someday.
So how much has the Chinese value declined since tariffs brought it down to 44 Trillion dollars? The US economy is still the envy of the world, and even to America haters that live here.
If any companies went bust, it was because Clinton took away the 40% Chinese tariffs, once a highly regulated US manufacturer loses sales to a sweatshops in China with no regs, they have to raise their prices, it becomes a downward spiral. I am glad our president is leveling the playing field. Sorry, I don't follow the fashion trend and labels, and could care less who does. That is something that big city Liberals primarily do, so they are the cause.
Why does it bother you so much, that Trump is securing the borders, because he said he would and he is doing it? And no we don't want any Nigerian scam artists and terrorists here. Would those 3rd world countries welcome American Christians to settle in their countries, give them benefits and all the other perks they would get for moving to America?

I was happy to let sleeping dogs lie and get back to the topic, but you OTOH.....
Keep on going, Vic can always start a new thread with the 3rd try..... :whistle:

lindenengineering

Your response so far indicate that you know nothing of a complex subject other than posting junk misinformation from Brightbollocks news.

The fact of the matter is that greedy American Corporations have "sold the farm".
Americans have allowed it to happen
The Trump policies for good or bad can only close the stable door after the horses have bolted and find more.

Not easy and I fear from now on the US is in the second place at the winning line.
Currently US trade and commerce only benefits the few of the "one " per centers.
Dennis .

avanti

2022 Ford Transit 3500
Well, except maybe for the federal gov't deficit at around $1.3trillion, around 5% of GDP. That chicken may come home to roost.
Yep. Stealing from our kids, plain and simple. Much less trouble than going to school and learning a 21st Century skill. It is really quite amazing how selfish, callous, and short-sighted these people are.

...and then there are all the future wars that wouldn't happen if we were trading with the rest of the world.

flman

Well, except maybe for the federal gov't deficit at around $1.3trillion, around 5% of GDP. That chicken may come home to roost.
Yep. Stealing from our kids, plain and simple. Much less trouble than going to school and learning a 21st Century skill. It is really quite amazing how selfish, callous, and short-sighted these people are.

...and then there are all the future wars that wouldn't happen if we were trading with the rest of the world.

Never heard a word from either of you when Obama doubled the debt that was accumulated from George Washington all the way to George W Bush over 200 years, and he did it in 8 years. I guess TDS has a way of causing a mental blocking of facts?

Yup, 10 Trillion is less than 1.3 Trillion? :whistle: Now I feel sick that idiots actually believe the Obama lie and voted the :turd: in for 2 terms.

flman

Your response so far indicate that you know nothing of a complex subject other than posting junk misinformation from Brightbollocks news.

The fact of the matter is that greedy American Corporations have "sold the farm".
Americans have allowed it to happen
The Trump policies for good or bad can only close the stable door after the horses have bolted and find more.

Not easy and I fear from now on the US is in the second place at the winning line.
Currently US trade and commerce only benefits the few of the "one " per centers.
Dennis .

All you post is propaganda garbage from fake news liberal blogs.
Yes, many swamp creatures and swamp presidents of past allowed this to happen, now that we have a president that is correcting the situation, all you do is whine about it.
America is Number 1, even if you are a hater and don't want to admit it.

And thanks again. :cheers:

USA! USA! USA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5dIMEYafiU

tinman

Never heard a word from either of you when Obama doubled the debt that was accumulated from George Washington all the way to George W Bush over 200 years, and he did it in 8 years. I guess TDS has a way of causing a mental blocking of facts?

Yup, 10 Trillion is less than 1.3 Trillion? :whistle: Now I feel sick that idiots actually believe the Obama lie and voted the :turd: in for 2 terms.
The gross deficit is an issue no matter who the president is, and each of them inherits at least the last budget of the previous president, and is constrained by the circumstances of the time. (See "Great Recession"). The current guy is presiding over a very high (near record) level of deficit in a strong economy. That concerns a lot of people with a stronger grasp of economics than I have.

flman

The gross deficit is an issue no matter who the president is, and each of them inherits at least the last budget of the previous president, and is constrained by the circumstances of the time. (See "Great Recession"). The current guy is presiding over a very high (near record) level of deficit in a strong economy. That concerns a lot of people with a stronger grasp of economics than I have.

Who are these people with the strong grasp of economics?

Was much higher under Obama.
2012 - $1.1 trillion budget deficit
2011 - $1.3 trillion budget deficit
2010 - $1.3 trillion budget deficit
2009 - $1.4 trillion budget deficit

Of course 2020 and 2019 are projected. But by who?

2020 - $1 trillion budget deficit (projected)
2019 - $960 billion budget deficit (projected)
2018 - $779 billion budget deficit
2017 - $665 billion budget deficit

https://www.thoughtco.com/history-of-us-federal-budget-deficit-3321439

lindenengineering

Forget this silly mumbo jumbo .
First money in money out and basic housekeeping you learned from your mother.

First it starts with the bread winners bringing home the bacon! (money.)
That means Big American Corporations start paying taxes instead of slick tax avoidance schemes perpetrated by handing out campaign contributions to the spineless wall of gammon.

My corporation pays taxes!
Why should these buggers who enjoy the wealth potential of the USA and its population be given a free ride on their morally duty bound liabilities by bum sucking activities in Washington?

But again NO, they want the benefits (that's the whole Kahuna on the cheap!)
Again must I mention Americans are cheap!

Here is a list of the more prominently known cheaters who swindle by lawful Congress approved schemes avoiding their duty bound contribution the American public of cash!
I present to you the shameless American Cheapies
How' s about a flat Corporation tax if say 19% on profits . What about a 17% flat tax with a local trade tax of 14% to make up for the shortfall since this legal swindling began?

https://itep.org/60-fortune-500-companies-avoided-all-federal-income-tax-in-2018-under-new-tax-law/

Dennis

Mike DZ

2016 View 24V (2015 3500)
With all due respect, corporations are merely a pass through mechanism when it comes to taxes. Any increase in corporate taxes just get passed to the customer.

lindenengineering

With all due respect, corporations are merely a pass through mechanism when it comes to taxes. Any increase in corporate taxes just get passed to the customer.
Well of course !~
All overheads in any business including taxes etc etc & are part of a tax return on my monthlies and annuals. Total overheads are part of the charge out calculation rate to customers in any business. .
I simple ask why do these big corporations get the feather bed treatment when I do not?
And moreover WHY do they deserves this special preferential tax break ?
Dennis

Mike DZ

2016 View 24V (2015 3500)
Well of course !~
All overheads in any business including taxes etc etc & are part of a tax return on my monthlies and annuals. Total overheads are part of the charge out calculation rate to customers in any business. .
I simple ask why do these big corporations get the feather bed treatment when I do not?
And moreover WHY do they deserves this special preferential tax break ?
Dennis
They don't deserve it, they scheme and plot and influence decision makers (legally and illegally) to get those tax breaks. As a little guy, you (and I) don't have the wherewithal and connections to pull it off.

Corruption is not a binary state, corruption is a continuum.

flman

:clapping::bow::cheers::thumbup::rad:

Stealing from your kids is exactly what's happening. Appalling, IMHO.

Exactly. And in Canada they tax the families blind, and will get it out of the kids later.

In the US people vote for liars that say they are going to punish corporations, instead send them big bonuses for CEO after they bail out their failed corporations that should have died, AKA GM and Chrysler.

2012 - $1.1 trillion budget deficit
2011 - $1.3 trillion budget deficit
2010 - $1.3 trillion budget deficit
2009 - $1.4 trillion budget deficit

OTOH, Trump got most of his 2016 contributions from individuals, Hilary and the rest got a lot of corporation and foreign money. Of course you all like to forget about that fact. :shifty:

lindenengineering

The fact is the US public either overlook , don't care about tax avoidance by big Corporations because of apathy, or simply applaud ways to avoid paying taxes no matter how hard they look.
Our MR DJT is a poster child for slick tax avoidance schemes in business activities before he got elected.

Here is a sub section of that report to emphasis the fact.
True Corporate Tax Reform Should Start with the Hard Questions: Which Tax Loopholes Will Be Repealed?
In the run-up to the tax reform debate of late 2017, the basic outline of U.S. tax avoidance was well known to federal lawmakers. Reports from ITEP, as well as various government agencies, had documented how Fortune 500 companies were using legal tax breaks to shelter close to half of their income from federal taxes, meaning that even with a 35 percent tax rate the yield of our corporate tax was low and getting lower. But when Congress and the Trump Administration pushed through a technically flawed set of corporate tax changes as part of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) in December of 2017, the new law cut the statutory tax rate to 21 percent, while leaving intact most of the tax breaks that allowed profitable companies to zero out their income taxes. The result, unsurprisingly, has been a continued decline in our already-low corporate tax revenues: in fiscal 2018, U.S. corporate tax revenues fell by 31 percent, according to U.S. Treasury data. This was a more precipitous decline than in any year of normal economic growth in U.S. history.

As this report demonstrates, it’s easy to see which tax breaks are responsible for allowing our biggest and most profitable corporations to avoid income taxes. Lawmakers interested in enacting true tax reform should critically assess the costs of each of existing tax break—including those discussed in this report—and take steps to ensure that profitable corporations pay their fair share of U.S. taxes.

At a time when the public’s confidence in our elected officials and our institutions is especially low, the specter of big corporations avoiding all income taxes on billions in profits sends a strong and corrosive signal to Americans: that the tax system is stacked against them, in favor of corporations and the wealthiest Americans. Sustainable corporate tax reform that focuses on eliminating tax loopholes and shoring up revenues could help allay these fears and can be a vital tool for addressing our nation’s fiscal priorities and making critically needed public investments in our nation’s future.

Think about this, especially you Mr Flimfamman continually posting flimflam to divert the topic. Is this on purpose or is it a dyslexic trait you have?
Dennis

Graphite Dave

Dave Orton
Why do you blame a corporation for following the tax laws enacted by congress? Should corporations be expected to pay more taxes than the law requires? Your issue is with the tax code and not with corporations that pay what the law requires. On your personal tax return do you pay more tax than what the law requires? I do not.

It is also best to keep in mind that corporations are owned by the stockholders. If you want to share in the profits of a corporation simply own part ownership by buying the stock.

flman

Trump has hurt China so bad, by reinstating the tariffs that traitor Bill waived, that the communist party wants a new leader. Obviously Americans don't feel the same way about their leader. :smirk:

China: Communist Party Members Share Letter Urging Removal of Xi Jinping

MADOKA IKEGAMI/AFP via Getty Frances Martel24 Mar 20202,081 5:41
Communist Party leaders have reportedly begun circulating a letter demanding an emergency Politburo to address dictator Xi Jinping’s poor performance leading the country, Radio Free Asia (RFA) revealed on Monday.

https://www.breitbart.com/asia/2020...daily&utm_campaign=20200324&utm_content=Final

Top Bottom