Any cheap Mexican body shops in San Diego or El Paso Tx good with Sprinters?

Coast2Coast

2006 158 Cargo
T1N Body shop or man needed near Mexico. Dent in Hood, need new ps door, lower behind wheel dents to remove. Fix rear door to shut 100%... dent very top on roof near door, small ding on rear upper door panel. Paint front clip and front of roof (paint peeling from last job) and dent removal looking for a Cheap Mexican speaking body shop that can bring this piece of junk back to life so I can have more pride in the vehicle and start to speak nicely about it... :laughing: :bow: Will travel to El Paso or San Diego. If Million Mile Sprinter will take it to Mexico I'll sponsor him on his next trip and pay the fuel :lol: Fix for under a grand. Will supply door, need paint, labor and full body massage aka dent removal.

Last edited:

Onefin

Any bodyshop in San Diego or El Paso would be an American bodyshop because it is located in the US.
A Mexican bodyshop would be located in Mexico.

Spanish is a language, Mexican is a nationality...you can’t speak Mexican.

lindenengineering

A list of body shops south of the border.
http://www.tallerbrosi.com/lista.pdf

Helpful lot !
I called down to two Hyundai medium duty truck shops in Mexico City & Guadalajara looking for a grey market sets of brakes.
I asked for pastillos de frenos delanteros--Venezuelan truck shop talk --Got back "Senor fijate Mexicano para pastillos son Ballatos.
Si Senor!
Dennis

...looking for a Cheap Mexican speaking body shop...
As has already been pointed out, there is no such thing as "Mexican speaking". Mexican is a nationality, not a language. Most Mexicans speak Spanish. Spanish is a language.

It sounds to me like you're looking for Mexican nationals that are here within the United States of America as illegal foreign invaders. And it sounds to me like you're looking to exploit them by employing them for less than what you would have to pay legitimate American citizens. :thumbdown:

D

Deleted member 50714

Mexicans speak Mexican and the Spanish speak Spanish.

Coast2Coast

2006 158 Cargo
If you have been to San Diego or El Paso there are Mexicans that do body work and speak mostly Spanish please get out and travel live a little, fire that $50k van up and get moving! Check the prices of tacos and gorditas, if there selling for $4 in your neighborhood the body shop rates will be high if they're $1-2 then most likely you'll find a good body shop to work on your rusted beat up dented T1N headache beat the beep out of you after 500-700 miles of driving it vehicle!:hmmm: :snore:

Last edited:

Coast2Coast

2006 158 Cargo
Good aint cheap and Cheap aint good
It is when you're dealing with a T1N about to hit 300k that you lost hope in! :bounce:

Let me see if the "converted crowd" will cut me a check for $13-14k and they can take it off my hands. I've got full power leather seats, major upgrade here folks :lol: I'm seeing the "converted" guys selling T1N's for $35k, what a bargain in comparison! :smirk:

D

Deleted member 50714

Back in the late 60's, I remember traveling with a Mexican neighbor family to spend the week camping at Roserito beach. Cherizo and egg breakfast, 25. cent. The father stopped at a Tijuana upholstery shop to have the seat of his 305 Dream or Scrambler reupholstered. He was smiling ear to ear when he picked up his beautiful "cheap" custom Diamond tucked reupholstered seat. Weeks later, I noticed the seat was ripped and asked my friend Larry, "why?"'Larry said it ripped the first time my dad sat on it. Old material I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

elemental

Wherever you go, there you are.
Bob
Please tell us the difference and I will simply exclaim "Mandeh" as it is said with a Chiapas dialect!
Next thing is you will be stating the Australians don't speak English!:laughing:
Dennis
Hmmm. Americans don't speak English, or so I've been told by an Englishman. Not sure what the status of the Australian language is as regarded by the English.

All languages acquire regional dialects that diverge over time from the "mother tongue" due to both language shifts and different culture. The rate of divergence can vary. The French spoken by residents of Quebec isn't exactly what is spoken in France; the French spoken by people in Louisiana is even more divergent. In some cases the shift is so severe that even over a small geographical area residents of what is nominally the same country can't easily understand each other, although the presence of broadcast communications and the Internet tends to make that less likely for current society.

So it is not unreasonable for someone to say that Mexican's don't speak Spanish (in the sense that they don't speak quite the same language as people in Espana).

D

Deleted member 50714

I suppose you speak ‘Merican .
Usually, I speak in profanities and expletives with same creative fervor other artists work with clays or oils. Some of my creations can still be faintly heard hanging over some parts of California.

Coast2Coast

2006 158 Cargo
A list of body shops south of the border.
http://www.tallerbrosi.com/lista.pdf

Helpful lot !
I called down to two Hyundai medium duty truck shops in Mexico City & Guadalajara looking for a grey market sets of brakes.
I asked for pastillos de frenos delanteros--Venezuelan truck shop talk --Got back "Senor fijate Mexicano para pastillos son Ballatos.
Si Senor!
Dennis
Senor, any decent T1N friendly body shops here in Colorado that can fix some interior roof rust this Summer before I insulate? I thought about doing it myself but need to read up more and prefer to have it done right. I can go down and do the rest north of the border when I find a good shop down south to remove dents/mount front PS door and paint the front clip/front upper roof section. :bounce:

monoloco

I just had my long wheelbase T1N painted with quality epoxy primer, polyurethane paint, and had all the body work done at a shop in La Paz. Took them 8 working days and cost 23,000 pesos. (about $1200 US) Maybe you need to take a road trip.

Top Bottom