Bostrom Sprint Ride suspension seat...

Zundfolge

Always learning...
Anyone have one of these installed?

https://www.suburbanseats.com/p/bostrom-sprint-ride-black-gray

Price is high, but I can't do the factory cinder block anymore. Have a seat cover over it with 2" of memory foam under, which helps, but at this point I'm thinking a good suspension seat would be the way to go. It's really difficult to imagine shelling out for a seat the I can't sit in first, so I turn here for others' experiences with it.

Or has anyone gone with another aftermarket seat that they are particularly fond of? Leaning towards this over others because it's the only suspension seat I've seen, but it also kinda sucks to have only one option in that regard. Unless they are really great and comfortable, in which case, problem solved.

Thanks!

Zundfolge

Always learning...
Bump, curious if anyone has experience with these, and I forgot to mention I'm also looking into Recaro, so also if anyone has installed a Recaro and has insight on how comfortable/well that performs?

Zundfolge

Always learning...
Mmmmmmmmmmanyone?

I've read that the Bostrom foes not recline past basically sitting straight up? Is this for real? $1000 for a seat that doesn't recline?

So recaro? Something else?

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
Do you have basic seats or OEM factory suspension seats in your Sprinter?

And what year is it?

If you don't have OEM suspension seats then I suggest you try and get a drive in a Sprinter with them fitted, they may be the simple answer to your problem.

Keith.

Zundfolge

Always learning...
Do you have basic seats or OEM factory suspension seats in your Sprinter?

And what year is it?

If you don't have OEM suspension seats then I suggest you try and get a drive in a Sprinter with them fitted, they may be the simple answer to your problem.

Keith.
It's an '06, basic seats. I've heard OEM susp seats are pretty hard to come by?

DieselFumes, I saw your conversion in my searches, those look pretty nice, and pretty nicely expensive too. Not sure if I could swing it :/

Just came across these:

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/pts/d/2015-sprinter-suspension-seat/6300803937.html

Anyone know how easy it is to convert 2015 seats to a T1N??? Is there an adapter, or do I just make one?

nutterbutter

2004 LTV Free Spirit T1N
I went deep looking into suspension seats for a while. I even spoke with a local bus manufacturer that is listed as a vendor for many of the big seat manufacturers. I even sat in a couple big rig seats.

Seat needed to tilt.

I spoke with one vendor who said he has had a dedicated customer mod the seat pedestal to put a fully functional suspension seat in his sprinter, but it required cutting and welding. That pedestal is just oddly high. Checked out UK Ebay for used seats too. (Europe had more suspension seats for some reason as a factory option)

I never found a used seat nearby, or a suitable suspension seat. I thought about a suspension base, but reviews were poor.

After a installing solar with the AUX battery, and having a few issues that needed access to the underseat electronics, I finally gave up. I decided the easily removable seat base that gives access to all the important wires was a critical feature for long trips.

Am currently using this seat cushion, which is much better than 2 others I have tried:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00V2L5JRA

I have been told by several long haul truckers that having a local seat rebuilder work on the seat would make a huge difference. They can replace/upgrade springs, and add additional foam. I guess the truckers all end up rebuilding their seats due to wear.

Zundfolge

Always learning...
Bumping this back to life because I'm starting the seat search again. I might spring for the knoedler but I really don't think I can handle the cost. I talked to someone at suburban seating and he said that they don't recline from the factory, but that you remove a bolt somewhere that he had supplemental directions for which allows the seat to recline fully. He says they sell plenty of them and that none have come back, but he could give me no first hand experience of them, and I still can't find a single online review. Does anyone else out there have this seat and have some feedback on it? Thank you!

Zundfolge

Always learning...
Anyone? I think I'm going to get it, guy at suburban seating said I could return it only if I don't install it, so I may order and sit on it in the pallet for a bit and see, but he seemed confident that people like them. Any sprinter sorcerers have one?

Top Bottom