Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > VS30 Sprinters > VS30 Write-Ups

VS30 Write-Ups Help other VS30 owners by posting your experience working on your Sprinter.

Old 11-23-2019, 06:05 AM   #21
dbedy

Default Re: 2019 Sprinter Crew Build

The expansion tank fill is just behind the headlight socket on the back of the head light housing and about 3” underneath the headlight socket. It will require a funnel to fill neatly, but could be done without in a pinch.
I chose to skip the electric heating option because I wil never ever be in a position to use it. If shore power is available you will never find me there! All of our use will be primitive, and I will have no shore power wiring to support it. I will however have the engine coolant heat exchanger in play as a back up the d5 furnace.

Finished my little “control panel” under the passenger seat base tonight. Holds a 150 amp breaker which also serves as a battery disconnect, rixen code reader, 110 plug to charge house batteries, and fuse block.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8EF42816-5D3A-4D78-8FB0-67952D5EF3AA.jpg (69.2 KB, 122 views)

Last edited by dbedy; 11-23-2019 at 06:12 AM.
dbedy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dbedy For This Useful Post:
GeorgeRa (11-23-2019)
Old 12-10-2019, 05:40 AM   #22
dbedy

I have the Rixen system 98% in! The system is up and running. I have some cool ideas for the wiring, but I need to source some dash switches first. Which brings me to the curse (and one of the cool things) about this system. Because the components can be placed anywhere, and system flexibility so great the install begs for customization. If itís all under a cabinet it would be pretty straight forward. Since I wonít have cabinets permanently installed everything has been hidden under the van or in the seat based. I personally have a hard time with heater hose passing through the body without bulkhead fittings, and wire connections with crimp connectors. I did mine with number 12 ANís and made all the wiring harnesses terminate with weather pack connectors. Probably over kill, but will make service easy when and if that time comes.

I also finished putting in roof fans today. My knees will never be the same!

Last edited by dbedy; 12-10-2019 at 05:44 AM.
Old 12-11-2019, 07:26 PM   #23
AirborneRGR

Any issues with the bigger tires messing with the cruise control or MBUX system?
AirborneRGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 01:36 AM   #24
dbedy

I don’t have a ton of miles yet, but so far I have not had any issues some have reported with larger tires.