Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > VS30 Sprinters > VS30 Talk

VS30 Talk General Discussions related to VS30 W907 Sprinters.

Old 09-11-2019, 04:11 PM   #1
digitalzombie

Default Convenient way to track dealer inventory?

I tried Mercedes's own website to locate vehicles but the search radius is 300 miles only and what they show does not match dealer inventory a lot of the time. Is there a convenient way to be able to plug in the type of sprinter you are looking for and see which dealer in the US has it in stock?
digitalzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to digitalzombie For This Useful Post:
GaryFromWork (09-11-2019)
Old 09-11-2019, 06:14 PM   #2
Sprinter2017

Default Re: Convenient way to track dealer inventory?

Probably easiest to ask a salesperson. For example yesterday I talked to one and he looked on his system and said 28 170 2500 4x4 currently at lots in US, 22 of those showed an icon meaning they were spoken for (so other dealers don't call) all in a matter of minutes. Then based on price you can see if the van is base model or loaded.
Sprinter2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 06:55 PM   #3
sanomechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinter2017 View Post
Probably easiest to ask a salesperson. For example yesterday I talked to one and he looked on his system and said 28 170 2500 4x4 currently at lots in US, 22 of those showed an icon meaning they were spoken for (so other dealers don't call) all in a matter of minutes. Then based on price you can see if the van is base model or loaded.
Most dealers will not tell you the truth if they can not get a dealer trade option. They do not want to lose the sale to another dealer. However...dealers do have search access to see what is where and the options packages it has. Good luck on being told the truth though.
sanomechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 01:00 AM   #4
cacaw

I had a trustworthy dealer searching for me on an almost-daily basis, with no luck.

One evening I googled "2019 Sprinter" "Passenger" "Distronic" (or something like that) and found my van had just been listed by a dealer up north. Except they didn't actually have it yet. My dealer arranged a trade to secure it and I was able to buy it a few months later. (Thinking the whole time how easy it would have been for them to sell it at a higher price.)

It's a competition - behave accordingly. :)
cacaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 03:13 AM   #5
dynaco1

Cargurus.com
dynaco1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 03:30 PM   #6
Texas-Sprinter

Welcome to my nightmare.

mbvans.com search is broken. I've called and e-mailed many times about the inability to search for a 2019 144" passenger. They promised fixes a few times and never delivered. Other times they just say "Call the dealership"

The dealership doesn't want to spend a lot of time on the chance that a dealership will trade (low chance) or you buy somewhere else.

Cars.com, Autotrader.com, and Cargurus are extremely lacking in data. That is likely the fault of the dealers.

Cacaw - I, too, am looking for a "2019 passenger Distronic" about three months ago I had three to chose from that were PNS (Produced Not Shipped). I passed on two to get the ones with LEDs. I'm still waiting on that same van. I wonder if one of the other two ended up in your hands?
Texas-Sprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Texas-Sprinter For This Useful Post:
digitalzombie (09-13-2019)
Old 09-12-2019, 06:46 PM   #7
cacaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas-Sprinter View Post
... I wonder if one of the other two ended up in your hands?
If you were looking for a silver 144, there's a very good chance that we were both looking at the same van. The only other one I found was missing a couple options I wanted.

I probably saw the one you are waiting for too. My dealer originally found a van with almost everything I wanted but then said it went from available to sold the very next day.

Why do you suppose it takes them so long to ship the vans once they are completed? My biggest fear was that they are finding lots of quality control issues that need correction.
cacaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 01:12 AM   #8
Shawn182

I scoured the interwebs but I ended up searching dealer by dealer on there individual websites to find mine.
Shawn182 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shawn182 For This Useful Post:
digitalzombie (09-13-2019), Texas-Sprinter (09-13-2019)
Old 09-13-2019, 01:22 AM   #9
digitalzombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn182 View Post
I scoured the interwebs but I ended up searching dealer by dealer on there individual websites to find mine.
I am currently bookmarking all the local dealers inventory pages and i guess i need to look at all of them couple times a week.
digitalzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 10:04 PM   #10
Texas-Sprinter

I saw my dealers e-mail from Daimler. All they would say is that the van needs "re-work". Not what you want to hear on a new vehicle. My dealer does not have any more information.

Other dealers ask me "Does yours have LEDs?". Why yes it does. "That is why it is delayed then because it is a safety recall and they can't sell the van with LEDs during a safety recall. They need to fix the LEDs first"

So my guess is the LEDs are a big part of the delay.
Texas-Sprinter is offline   Reply With Quote