Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Roadtrek

Old 03-18-2019, 02:09 AM   #1
Rabler

Question SS Agile 2018 Cabinet Disassembly?

New to the forum and have found reviewing past posts quite helpful in understanding our recently-purchased 2018 SS Agile (now rechristened "Little Orphan Agile").

Anyone have any experience dismounting the rear cabinets of the 2018 Agile or a similar model? I'd like to get at the wiring for the two overhead speakers and the two reading lights but I can't figure out where to start. Would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

Ron

Last edited by Rabler; 03-18-2019 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Clarification
Rabler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 05:52 AM   #2
RT.SS

Default Re: SS Agile 2018 Cabinet Disassembly?

Welcome to the forum. I have not dismounted my cabinets, but just an FYI, if you look inside the rear cabinet you will find a cover for the lights and speaker wirings, it is only held in place using two wood screws.
Rabler (03-20-2019)
Old 03-19-2019, 02:02 PM   #3
Aggie
2010 Roadtrek SS Ideal

I read this inquiry earlier, not had any real experience or advice but I. Have removed and replaced a small front ceiling suspended cabinet on my “old” 2010 Roadtrek due to a faulty, factory warranted peoblem and I removed my suspended cabinet microwave.

Only suggestion is that I wouldn’t be surprised if to actually remove the rear cabinet you must start at front and remove all cabinets sequentially working toward the rear. Finding a cover for speakers etc. Would be much simpler providing minimal but hopefully adequate wire / service access.
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 04:26 AM   #4
Rabler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT.SS View Post
Welcome to the forum. I have not dismounted my cabinets, but just an FYI, if you look inside the rear cabinet you will find a cover for the lights and speaker wirings, it is only held in place using two wood screws.
Thanks for the advice. What puzzles me is that I can't see any screws where I would expect to find them. Perhaps the attached photos will clarify.

The first photo is the driver-side end of the rear cabinet, showing the cover you mentioned. I was not able to find any wood screws in the cover itself or in the adjacent cabinet that are holding the cover. The 12 volt outlet inside the cover is secured by two screws or rivets driven up from the bottom outside of the rear cabinet, but turning them in either direction has no effect; nothing loosens. Maybe it's simply glued in?

The second photo shows the passenger-side end of the rear cabinet. That cover is missing and as near as I can tell it was never installed--no trace of screw holes or any other kind of fasteners. I want to craft a cover that's a mirror image of the driver-side cover to protect the left speaker and the 120 V outlet in front of it.

Any further thoughts are most welcome.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2594.JPG (128.3 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2593.JPG (143.1 KB, 28 views)
Old 03-20-2019, 04:31 AM   #5
Rabler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
I read this inquiry earlier, not had any real experience or advice but I. Have removed and replaced a small front ceiling suspended cabinet on my “old” 2010 Roadtrek due to a faulty, factory warranted peoblem and I removed my suspended cabinet microwave.

Only suggestion is that I wouldn’t be surprised if to actually remove the rear cabinet you must start at front and remove all cabinets sequentially working toward the rear. Finding a cover for speakers etc. Would be much simpler providing minimal but hopefully adequate wire / service access.
Thanks, Aggie. I hope it will not come to that, but I appreciate the thought. You may be interested in the further details I provided to RT.SS.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rabler For This Useful Post:
Aggie (03-21-2019)
Old 04-15-2019, 04:23 PM   #6
Trekker
Trekker

I believe those speaker covers are held in place with velcro. Try prying them up. They were on mine.
Rabler (04-16-2019)
Old 04-16-2019, 02:23 AM   #7
Rabler

Thumbs up Re: SS Agile 2018 Cabinet Disassembly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
I believe those speaker covers are held in place with velcro. Try prying them up. They were on mine.
Thanks, Trekker. I'll give that a try. I'm a former hobby beekeeper and this sounds like a perfect job for my trusty hive tool.