Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > VS30 Sprinters > VS30 Write-Ups

VS30 Write-Ups Help other VS30 owners by posting your experience working on your Sprinter.

Old 08-21-2019, 08:24 PM   #21
sulkorp

Default Re: DD/Digital Lab/Camper

The sliding door protective rubber piece started to lose its secure connection to the glass. While driving it would flop in the wind. Luckily it didn't come off anytime I was on the highway.

After putting it back on with force, it would still come off shortly afterwards.

The solution that has been working in rain and heat is to use a small piece of Snot Tap at the top. Snot tape is what I have known it to be called within the film industry forever, yet for this post I just found out it is actually "Clear Butyl Tape" It is available online, and probably also at your local film expendables shop.

Attached are a photo of the style of tape. It does stick out a little bit if I get close, yet more than acceptable.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 26.jpg (128.0 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg 27.jpg (201.7 KB, 86 views)
sulkorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 03:47 PM   #22
sulkorp

Here are the batteries that I will be using in the interim of a full setup. I have another unit which is fused.

My current plans are to take them out and charge them when they die.

I should also be able to use my Noico Genius charger connected via a cigarette socket inverter while driving. This could allow me to get a top up on the charge when driving.

My fan will be connected to this, and any other accessories I'd like to run ie USB charging.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28.jpg (84.5 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg 29.jpg (60.0 KB, 64 views)
Old 09-04-2019, 10:57 PM   #23
PeterW

Hey sulkorp, in post #6 you mention:

"It is clear that they didn't address the exterior trim issue, as the clips are not weather sealed."

Is the first photo in that post showing a spot where it's leaked? Have you tried pulling the panels and sealing them?
(see my thread asking about this and the supposed new fasteners which now seem to cost a lot - https://sprinter-source.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=79145 )

Thanks!
PeterW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 12:36 AM   #24
Notfamous

Conversion is almost done! I went with the roll-a-ramp. Great recommendation! I still need to make wheel well cabinets to protect the battery in the back and create a charging station. Then do some type of basic grip stowage on the passenger side. It's coming along though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Notfamous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 07:07 PM   #25
sulkorp

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterW View Post
Hey sulkorp, in post #6 you mention:

"It is clear that they didn't address the exterior trim issue, as the clips are not weather sealed."

Is the first photo in that post showing a spot where it's leaked? Have you tried pulling the panels and sealing them?
(see my thread asking about this and the supposed new fasteners which now seem to cost a lot - https://sprinter-source.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=79145 )

Thanks!
Not showing any leakage! Just commenting on the visuals.

I haven't pulled mine apart in a while to see if anything has changed.

I am very happy to hear they have new fasteners! I really did not enjoy the idea of sealing it
Old 09-09-2019, 07:06 PM   #26
sulkorp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notfamous View Post
Conversion is almost done! I went with the roll-a-ramp. Great recommendation! I still need to make wheel well cabinets to protect the battery in the back and create a charging station. Then do some type of basic grip stowage on the passenger side. It's coming along though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Looks great! Much further along that my build, and looks great!

Are you going to be doing a build thread?

What kind of battery source are you using&ah ?
Old 09-09-2019, 07:15 PM   #27
Notfamous

I haven't thought of doing a right up. It's an adventure wagon kit with my electrical harness. I'm using a goal zero 1400 battery behind the rear driver side wheel well. That's probably the only semi-newer thing I'm doing since most previous builds are doing under the driver or passenger seat power. I will be building storage cabinets on the wheel wells and may do a write-up on that. I'm just glad you mentioned the roll-a-ramps bc my folding ones were taking up so much room.

Last edited by Notfamous; 09-09-2019 at 07:21 PM.
Notfamous is offline   Reply With Quote