Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Dealer and Supplier List > Dealer Info, Reviews, and Experiences

Dealer Info, Reviews, and Experiences Got dealerships? List them here.

Old 05-09-2018, 11:02 PM   #1
bobloblaw

Default Mercedes Benz of Wilsonville is Terrible

I just got back from my first service experience at MB of Wilsonville and now can easily say the service department is equally as bad as the sales team... I've had the pleasure of interacting with both. I'm very disappointed as after having a pretty bad time trying to buy a $60K van from them (I didn't), I really hoped my local dealer would have a solid service department.

I took our 5,000mi van in due to the "CDI Update" recall which I was told would void our warranty if I didnt address in a timely fashion. OK, whatever, I wanted to take the van to a dealer anyways to get my new rear speakers turned on in the Audio 15 system.

So I get there, hand over the keys, go over the service update and notice next to the Speaker update line item that there is a $178 charge. She explained that to turn them on it would be between $120 and $178. I said absolutely not. She then scribbled out that item on the sheet.

*For those that don't know, this is a very simple "service" that most dealers do for free. You just have to hookup the CANBUS reader and toggle a setting. $178 to do that is absolutely insane.*

I was then told it would take four hours to do an ECU update.. WOW.. Ok whatever.

Four hours later I get a text message from MB's terrible service app asking me to review and approve the service. I went through and the speaker line item was on there again, this time with an accurate quote of $142. I DEFINITELY clicked "Next time" for that item and submitted my approval for the rest (more on this). I call about 45 min later and she tells me the van is good to go.

So I drive all the way back down there (30 min) and am reviewing the sheet and she asks for my credit card for a $142 charge.. WHAT? Apparently they went ahead and turned on the speakers and showed me where I had clicked "yes" in their app (again, I definitely did NOT). She brings over what I assume was a manager and the both tell me I absolutely have to pay for this. I asked why I would ever approve the charge when I flat out told her not to earlier in the day, and that she must have clearly understood my intention when she scribbled out the item on the sheet.

Note that this would have been an excellent time to then say, "you know what, dont worry about it.. We'll cover this one." and won a happy customer for life. After all, we are literally talking about toggling a setting in a computer. But no, they both stand there angrily yelling/arguing with me attempting to stand their ground. Why I would need to be combative in a Mercedes dealer is way beyond me...

Finally, he angrily offers to split the difference and only charge me $70 for a service that I did not want them to do. I explained that his offer was very nice and that I appreciated it, but that I did not feel like I should have to pay for something that I did not want. He asked me why I'd install speakers that I didnt want to get turned on, or how I planned to get them turned on without them in the first place. He really didn't like it when I told him I'd take it to MB Seattle. Finally after I told him that, he practically yelled, "FINE, IM DONE ARGUING WITH YOU, JUST TAKE IT"

So, for any interested parties.. Take your business up to MB Seattle where Keith is the man and will take care of you. SUCH a better experience up there. It's crazy that in PDX, where the sprinter scene is huge, our only dealer is so terrible.
bobloblaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 07:06 AM   #2
Rock Doc

Default Re: Mercedes Benz of Wilsonville is Terrible

MB Wilsonville was very accommodating two years ago when I had a wheel speed sensor go out after just having left on a trip in my 2014 Pleasureway (2013 Sprinter 3500). Fast forward to about 6 weeks ago as I was driving through on another trip and had anoterh wheel speed sensor go out. Phoned them, and they told me that they were 13 days out before they’d even be able to put it on a code reader to diagnose it. No help at all.

So, I then drove to Salem, where they were busy on their service schedule, too, but they worked me in the first thing the next day and got me out and back on my trip. 65 miles later, another wheel speed sensor failed, and MB of Eugene also took me in the next morning (although their schedule was booked very solidly, too), and had me out by noon replacing two other wheel speed sensors.

I had very good service experiences with both Salem and Eugene this trip, but I agree—not so good this time around from Wilsonville. At any rate, Salem and Eugene might also be good choices for you from PDX if you’re headed south instead of north. (For that matter, I’ve had good experiences with MB of Lynnwood north of Seattle, too.)

Rock Doc
Rock Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 02:17 AM   #3
autostaretx
Erratic Member

Thanked 7,921 Times in 5,777 Posts

If you're stuck in PDX, there's also McCoy Freightliner....

--dick
((as always: this post may go through a couple of post-posting edits... so maybe give it ten minutes before commenting))
autostaretx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 06:46 PM   #4
bobloblaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by autostaretx View Post
If you're stuck in PDX, there's also McCoy Freightliner....

--dick
Can McCoy do warranty work on the Sprinters, or does that have to be done by a dealer?? I'm actually only a few miles from McCoy, so that could be great news.
bobloblaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 07:16 PM   #5
autostaretx
Erratic Member

Thanked 7,921 Times in 5,777 Posts

"Can McCoy do warranty work on the Sprinters?"

Call 'em and ask.

(and then tell us)

Freightliner is still part of Daimler, and back in the day, Dodge would do warranty work on Freightliners.
For that matter, Seattle MB does recall work on T1N Freightliners.

--dick
((as always: this post may go through a couple of post-posting edits... so maybe give it ten minutes before commenting))

Last edited by autostaretx; 05-11-2018 at 07:20 PM.
autostaretx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 06:19 PM   #6
GeorgeRa
2013 Sprinter DIY 144WB

Thanked 2,419 Times in 1,563 Posts

I just purchased MB engine battery for $169, Freightliner McCoy only sales AGM for over $220, Salem was $190. Have scheduled oil change in a few days for $225.

https://goo.gl/photos/2NCR3teXLSwNYSwN8
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 01:22 AM   #7
thomp

Just chiming in on this because I have taken our Sprinter a couple times to McCoy for service. Yes, they are authorized for doing official Mercedes Benz warranty work, our van is still under warranty. I have also been to the "other" place in Wilsonville and all I can say is go to McCoys.
thomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 06:17 AM   #8
GeorgeRa
2013 Sprinter DIY 144WB

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomp View Post
Just chiming in on this because I have taken our Sprinter a couple times to McCoy for service. Yes, they are authorized for doing official Mercedes Benz warranty work, our van is still under warranty. I have also been to the "other" place in Wilsonville and all I can say is go to McCoys.
I had my van serviced in both places, this time I checked prices of oil change in Salem, McCoy and MB Wilsonville, and Wilsonville was considerably less expensive. It would be great to know specific reasons why you recommend McCoy.

Old 03-20-2019, 02:03 AM   #9
GeorgeRa
2013 Sprinter DIY 144WB

I need B service on our van. Checked with Wilsonville MB and McCoy Freightliner, McCoy is a little (12% less) expensive. Contacting Wilsonville Sprinter service fellow wasn’t easy, with McCoy was instant. Wilsonville want full day with because it takes 6 hours to do a B-service, McCoy 2 hours. Any recent experience?

Old 03-20-2019, 02:27 AM   #10
pdxbill

I had McCoy perform a B service on my sprinter based Winnebago Navion May of 2018. Good service, my only complaint was they forgot to reset the service minder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pdxbill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pdxbill For This Useful Post:
GeorgeRa (03-20-2019)