Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > T1N Sprinters > T1N Talk

T1N Talk General Discussions related to T1N Sprinters.

Old 04-13-2018, 01:44 AM   #11
glasseye

Thanked 1,720 Times in 915 Posts
Default Re: H7 LED Headlight Conversion Kit - Anyone Tried?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungRovers View Post
I did a hid conversion with the 6000 bulbs...freaking awesome, super white and bright light and easy to do..polishing your headlight lenses helps heaps as well..
So, you used the same product that Patrick used? These ones?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/GEET...810183648.html

I just blew an H7 and I need a pair. I'd sure like LEDs.

"Travels With Frito" Global travels by van, motorcycle and other www.petercmclennan.com

Absent this forum, I'd never have bought a Sprinter.
glasseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 04:49 AM   #12
YoungRovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasseye View Post
So, you used the same product that Patrick used? These ones?

I just blew an H7 and I need a pair. I'd sure like LEDs.
No, they are LEDs...I went the HID route... I havenít been really happy with the light spread on LEDs yet..they are definitely getting close though..
YoungRovers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to YoungRovers For This Useful Post:
glasseye (04-14-2018)
Old 04-14-2018, 12:55 AM   #13
glasseye

Ordered 'em anyway. Looks like they'll take a month to ship to SE British Columbia.
I'm tired of replacing Frito's headlights.

"Travels With Frito" Global travels by van, motorcycle and other www.petercmclennan.com

Old 04-16-2018, 04:23 PM   #14
bcman

in the 2 years I've owned my 2003, I've replaced 5 low-beam bulbs. Last two were both driver's side, I didn't note which side the first 3 were. I got fed up with making trips to O'Reilly to replace them, and ordered these LED replacements from superbrightleds.com.

Installation is a bit tricky - you have to bend the wire retaining clip around the mounting flange on the bulb, since the heat sink is too large to go around that. Also, LEDs have polarity and won't work if the connections are reversed. There's a + and - on the jack attached to the back of the bulb. Connect yellow to +, brown to -.

So far, things have been working fine. There was enough clearance to install the weatherproof covers. The LEDs have a rubber isolator in the mount, presumably to reduce vibration. From the driver's seat, they don't appear to be any brighter, just a different color. It's a little weird switching between high beams which still have a yellow color, to these, which are slightly blue. But the important metric is yet to be seen - if they last considerably longer than the halogen bulbs that burn out every 6 months, it'll be worth it.
glasseye (04-16-2018), Greendinosaur (01-06-2019), quillaja (04-17-2018)
Old 04-20-2018, 07:48 PM   #15
marshroger@hotmail.com
2006,2500,118, Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungRovers View Post
I did a hid conversion with the 6000 bulbs...freaking awesome, super white and bright light and easy to do..polishing your headlight lenses helps heaps as well..
What did you polish it with?
marshroger@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 01:45 AM   #16
glasseye

Installed these yesterday. Only took about 2 weeks from China.

These units are nearly impossible to install without pulling the headlight nacelles. Threading the LED power supply and those ribbon heat sinks through the bail/spring and clipping the spring home is the issue. Just not enough room to see, let alone do the the work. After dicking around for half an hour, I pulled the passenger side nacelle and had it buttoned up in a few minutes. That's the easy side. The driver side is even tighter because battery.

Here's one of the two units. There are two emitters, one on each side of the "lamp".

Pulling the nacelle is easy. You do have to remove the grill, but that's not an issue.

Here's the complete install. The problem is threading all that stuff through the bail spring and clipping it back in place. I electrical-taped the connections, zip tied the power supply and the wires into a tight bundle and then the weather cover snapped easily back into place.

I took a short test drive and liked what I saw. 6000K is much bluer than stock, brighter, and I felt I could see better. The pattern isn't as crisp, especially to the left. It looks to me like it might piss off oncoming traffic. We'll see. I might have to re-aim. Illumination to the right (the deer side) is much better.

Overall, it looks like a good upgrade. My H7 replacement days are hopefully behind me.

Last edited by glasseye; 05-08-2018 at 01:48 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to glasseye For This Useful Post:
smurph (08-11-2018)
Old 05-08-2018, 07:32 AM   #17
Patrick of M
2005 T1N 2500 (NA spec)

Fwiw I got them in without removimg the nacelles. I did have to remove the spring clips that hold the bulb in, then install the bulb, then put the spring clip back on.
Old 05-17-2018, 06:29 PM   #18
Roger D
2016 Winnebago Navion 24J

It is much more difficult on a 2015 3500 because it requires an adapter ring (photo). i used Head Light Experts. The adapter is necessary because the electrical contacts are on the bulb holder. To complicate it even more the adapter was rotated 90 degrees and I had to modify it to get the LED panels facing left and right (photo2).

I ended up filing a flat spot on the fins, but turning the bulb into the headlight was difficult. There are probably better LEDs out there. The brightness is impressive, and it is a beautiful white light.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P4280041.JPG (115.6 KB, 238 views)
File Type: jpg P4280047.JPG (129.3 KB, 227 views)
Roger D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 06:31 PM   #19
glasseye

How's the pattern look? Mine are brighter than stock H7 but not sure I like the cutoff pattern to LHS.

Old 06-15-2018, 09:01 PM   #20
PATECO

I just got these this week.

BEAMTECH H7 LED Headlight Bulb, 50W 6500K 8000Lumens Extremely Bright CSP Chips Conversion Kit $36.99

I installed the first one of the pair this morning before work replacing my dead Halogen H7. It is a fanless design with removable installation ring, so it installed easy, and fit nicely in the housing with no modifications needed. Tonight I will compare the brightness between the LED and Halogen, and then I will swap out the second one. I will try to take a few Pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Beamtech H7 LED.jpg (253.6 KB, 260 views)
File Type: jpg beamtechH7 2.JPG (174.1 KB, 256 views)

Last edited by PATECO; 06-15-2018 at 09:03 PM.
PATECO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
headlights, t1n