Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, & Problems with the Forum

Old 02-08-2007, 04:39 PM   #11
sikwan
06 T1N Can

Thanked 1,820 Times in 836 Posts
Default Re: kid in a candy store

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Master View Post
...the K...a political statement???
I guess it could be, but nah.

With all the laws (some a little off the wall ) that this state has, I wonder sometimes if this is a police state. Of course I'll probably never leave the area mainly because of the rich culture and the weather (wife is from here so I can blame it on her. ).

I can always pick up and move back to Hawaii, but then I wouldn't have any where to drive the Sprinter, except in circles.
sikwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 03:51 AM   #12
Old Master

Seek...yeah, I've lived in the SF area and went to a Navy school a few months in San Diego. I don't blame you for staying. I hung around the Marina District maybe one night a week for several months, driving over from Alameda. Don't know what I was seeking (so to speak) because I only remember getting in one conversation in all my visits there. Maybe I had "East Coast" body odor or something. However, that one conversation was very weird, shocking, almost mystical; it answered a question I had been wondering about for years, and I've never forgotten it. If you are curious, I'll PM you. If not, that's fine.

Oh, meant to tell you...last time I was in Hawaii, the runners aboard ship wanted to stage a relay race around the entire island, starting at Pearl Harbor. They were specifically warned against trying to run through a certain area because Guamanians and Hawaiian gangs were fighting each other and both were fighting anyone else who tried to travel through their turf. Also, hardened lava flows blocked some of the main rural roads. Not much of a relay. But...I could always find a place in HA to go in my Sprinter!

John
Old Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 07:17 PM   #13
sikwan
06 T1N Can

Thanked 1,820 Times in 836 Posts

Quote:
However, that one conversation was very weird, shocking, almost mystical; it answered a question I had been wondering about for years, and I've never forgotten it. If you are curious, I'll PM you. If not, that's fine.
Now you got me curious. You didn't happen to run into some of the psychedelics we have here in San Francisco did you? We have a lot of them, but I didn't expect them to hang out in the Marina district.

Quote:
Not much of a relay. But...I could always find a place in HA to go in my Sprinter!
There's only a couple places I wouldn't go in Oahu and that's the projects in Kalihi and Palolo valley. Any other place is okay unless you run into any of the local bullies (blalahs). Even the locals are not safe.

A Sprinter in Hawaii would be nice for some beach camping. A friend only started noticing them recently after we bought ours.

Seek
sikwan is offline   Reply With Quote