Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Leisure Travel Vans > Unity

Old 10-18-2017, 10:00 PM   #1
Stins

Default Pressure Pro TPMS with Unity

Does anyone use the Pressure Pro TPMS system on their Alcoa wheels?
If so what model, the Pulse monitor or the 16 wheel monitor with screw on antenna?
The transmitters will be installed on steel valve stems with rubber stabilizers.
I've had the Tire Minder system for years on another RV and it's worked ok, but looking for something better.
Stins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 10:06 PM   #2
jerryc1976
2018 Unity TB (6/18)

Default Re: Pressure Pro TPMS with Unity

I just got them but not fully installed. Initially, two sensors were leaking badly every hour. Replaced them and am testing overnight.

One BIG PROBLEM is that their sensors don’t seem to fil on the valve stems of the interior rear duallys. I tried a number of times but feared dropping the sensor in the between space. I have no idea how I’d retrieve them if it happened.

I like the software and iPhone app but so far, I’m not there.

I really think valve extenders are necessary for the two interiors but have read it throws off the balance?

Sigh
jerryc1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 01:02 AM   #3
CashedOut

Think carefully about valve extenders. The connection to the short valve stem is a potential leak point. I had one original valve stem break and leak at the connection. Replaced with Borg long valve stems (both inner and outer) with stabilizer at outer pass through for the inner valve stem. I also have screw on TPMSs. No issues now. Given the hassle of replacing a dually wheel on the side of the road, this is a “must manage” issue for me. I also carry a mounted spare on the rear hitch mount in case I need to change. Roadside assistance will change using my mounted, inflated spare.
CashedOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 07:50 PM   #4
Peter Tourin
2012 LTV Unity MB

Take what CashedOut says seriously! Either get metal short stems and crawl underneath to fill or get Borg metal extended valve stems - DO NOT get flex valve extenders and mount them on the OEM valve stems. Flex extenders will vibrate as you drive, and that in turn will shake the OEM rubber valve stems, which will sooner or later fail where they pass through the rim. We bought our MB used and the PO had done this mod - and we had 3 rear flats (and lost 2 tires) before we realized what the problem is. Search online - there are lots of threads about this problem, as many others have also learned the hard way.
Old 12-20-2018, 10:44 PM   #5
jerryc1976
2018 Unity TB (6/18)

I “think” what I have are metal extenders.... they’re visible from the side, thru the main wheels but first attempts sure seemed bad.

I’ll try again and see what manfr says.

Thanks
jerryc1976 is offline   Reply With Quote