Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Roadtrek

Old 10-10-2012, 12:25 PM   #51
PA Slammer

Well the RS got loaded up and shipped off to Canada (I guess) this morning to have everything repaired.

PA Slammer
PA Slammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:22 AM   #52
mrcolin2u
2005 Sprinter

Default Re: Roadtrek Adventurous first impressions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Slammer View Post
Well the RS got loaded up and shipped off to Canada (I guess) this morning to have everything repaired.

PA Slammer
Sorry to hear about your troubles with the RT. hope it all works out for you . I don't own an RV but I was interested in the SS Agile. After reading your post I will be looking elsewhere .
Thank you for sharing
Good luck
Colin
mrcolin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:38 PM   #53
patty1819

Just wanted to chime in here. We also have a 2012 Roadtrek Adventurous and, knock on wood, have not had any problems - drove a major part of Route 66 this summer without issue. As a matter of fact, we were given the name and phone number of a RT representative in the event we had any questions, which we have used and the rep has been great. Guess we are lucky to also live in the same area as our dealership (American RV in Grand Rapids, MI). They were very good and continue to also be a resource to answer questions. We just winterized, and American RV is open Tuesday and Thursday to just drive in to winterize, less than an hour wait and cost only $70. Sounds like PA just got a bad unit, however, it's good to see that Roadtrek is taking care of him.
patty1819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:47 PM   #54
PA Slammer

Got RS back from Roadtrek. They had it for a month. The work looks good. They replaced the headliner, installed the cloverleaf table stop/catch and put in a new backup camera.

The carpet was quite dirty and had grease in several spots. I think the grease was from the driver actually. I was able to get it cleaned up though.

The tv and dvd did NOT work. After looking around a bit and remembering something I read here, I found that the gfci plug over the sink was trip. Reset it and they both worked!

However, the microwave doesn't work ... no power to the outlet it plugs into behind the slide out spice rack/ pantry cupboard thing. Anyone know of where the breaker would be for it?

David

PA Slammer
Old 11-03-2012, 10:04 PM   #55
BobLLL

Microwave should be third breaker in the distribution panel. Flip it off and back on to reset.
BobLLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:20 PM   #56
PA Slammer

OK, got everything working. RT just flipped a lot of breakers off. Called them and they said they run some load test and don't want the power feeding back into the appliances. Whatever... that's fine. My question is why turn a vehicle back to a customer with breakers flipped? Doesn't it just aggravate customers? Sure dies make them learn their rig more... I'm guilty of not knowing mine well enough. But I didn't want to become an RV tech really.

So, I had a great weekend camping. Water is all winterized, but used everything else. Bought an external propane line for the grill, worked great! Used the 5 bike, bike rack. Great! It's nice to get the bugs worked out.

And I really do appreciate how RT worked with me to get it where I was happy.

One last question though. Another cabinet latch snapped. It was cold and the hanging closet latch always sticks tight. It finally gave up. I really do need to find a replacement latching mechanism. Any suggestions? I know their are a lot of "outdoor shed" types of latches, but I'm looking for something that looks good AND works. I love the way the RT latches look, but plastic breaks too easily. They should be all metal in my opinion. Any suggestions?

PA Slammer
The Following User Says Thank You to PA Slammer For This Useful Post:
patty1819 (11-15-2012)
Old 11-15-2012, 03:43 PM   #57
BobLLL

Recommend you start a new thread with cabinet latches in the title, to attract some eyeballs with specific knowledge. Be sure to mention the model year, as it sounds like latch varies over the years.
BobLLL is offline   Reply With Quote