What did you learn about your VS30 today?

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
Based on the standard features listed in the brochure, and the build sheet, it looks like our passenger van didn't come with a fuel tap.

But it did come with a 17,000 BTU heater booster, so there must be a fuel tap. Is there some way to put a "Y" into the fuel line, to fuel two heaters? I'm really hoping to install an ESPAR forced air heater.
Tee'ing into the VS30 with a factory heater is the same as an NCV3, and well discussed here. Google for the Dorman brand quick disconnects, or tee, or Y.....

430 hp 70

'19 144 Gas Passenger - Carlsbad
Yesterday I talked with someone who owns a 2020 Mercedes SUV and had a broken window. $2,500 to install and calibrate the windshield but only after a two-month wait to get the parts from Germany.

I'm hoping to find some OEM roof rails and floor mats but it's starting to look like OEM parts just aren't being stocked. Getting a 2019 in August of 2019, I didn't think I'd run into the trouble of working with a brand new model. Still pleased to finally have it after waiting so long for a Sprinter van.
Just a FYI, I had safelite out to replace the windshields in my silverado and wifes yukon. Insurance paid 450ea. Installer said 2020 honda accord is 2k and all vehicles will soon be the same. Said they have to calibrate them and do some sort of drive test.....

dynaco1

Some dealers stock the OEM cab floor mats for 2019. My dealer had the cargo set in stock. Unsure about passenger model. The cost is about $130 for the cab set. The new design differs from the 2015 set I have.

Boxster1971

2023 Sprinter 2500 144wb AWD
. . . Installer said 2020 honda accord is 2k and all vehicles will soon be the same. Said they have to calibrate them and do some sort of drive test.....
Very true - with all the driver assist features the upper windshield areas will be full of sensors. Just the price of the advanced technology.

sanomechanic

Sano,

Last I heard was that mine and many others were to ship on 6 October. Did you hear differently?

Jack
No word about a ship date. The dealership sales manager has a call in to District Manager. But no word so far. We had notification of Sept 2 but that did not happen. Guess because of hurricane Dorian.

My van is being delivered to an Alabama dealer

Last edited:

cacaw

I haven't taken a meter to it yet, but yesterday I discovered that the rear 12V power outlet (passenger van) is far less powerful than the 12V outlet below the dashboard. I hear it's connected with very light wire.

pfflyer

I haven't taken a meter to it yet, but yesterday I discovered that the rear 12V power outlet (passenger van) is far less powerful than the 12V outlet below the dashboard. I hear it's connected with very light wire.
Quick way to tell is what size is the fuse for both.

I am learning that dealer ships have zero 2019 parts available. I was putting in Agile no rub pieces. Broke a few body retaining clips and assumed that they are the same as other mercedes vehicles. Went to dealership to get ripped off. They don't have any.
Part number 910-991-01-00.
I bought some on amazon to try that look close.....

My van also has an out of balance drive shaft that they are fixing (warrantee). I think its been waiting ~16 weeks for that now....even though they said they would yank one from factory floor.

Anyone have any luck getting parts? (dealerships that do a lot of online business.....)

paintrain

Per an upfitter on West coast...in a 2019, while in reverse and moving, he opened the driver door, the van immediately went into Park.

Has anyone experienced this, can you confirm?

Thanks.

GLJones

When you shift into Drive, the parking brake stays engaged until you press the accelerator.

There is a cool MBUX Navigation setting that puts the next 2 exits (on the freeway) on the right side of the screen. If you select them, it shows icons for all the gas stations and food at that exit...and you can click it and see the full list and click one (like Arby's) and get info about the restaurant or a Gas Station and get the hours and types of gas available...AND THE PRICES.

surferJ

When you shift into Drive, the parking brake stays engaged until you press the accelerator.
Thanks for that, I have been using the P brake button to disengage. Sadly reading the manual fully is becoming a neglected project.

Does anybody know how to get the direction of travel to show up on the dash? I can get it if on Nav screen or going thru steering wheel control buttons but can't find way to just have N,S,E,W show up full time some where on MBUX or dash screen?

Our 17 had it displayed all the time and so does most every other car in the last 10-15yrs.

Thanks

GLJones

Does anybody know how to get the direction of travel to show up on the dash? I can get it if on Nav screen or going thru steering wheel control buttons but can't find way to just have N,S,E,W show up full time some where on MBUX or dash screen?

Our 17 had it displayed all the time and so does most every other car in the last 10-15yrs.

Thanks
If you have the color drivers screen next to the speedometer and set it on NAV but don’t have a destination set, it shows direction.

Top Bottom